PDA

View Full Version : wheels

galantv600
07-18-2005, 11:20 PM
ive researched some, and talked to some and was told pretty much roll/cut the fenders...
a buddy of mine is selling his 19X8.5 Stern wheels, and i am interested in purchasing them. offset is apparently 35 38... yes one is different than the other, but i dont care.. i like how it looks... theyve been from a toyota camry to a lexus es to a lexus is... so fwd cars had it on too https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif anyways, what all would be involved in doing this process??? they are 3 months old with tires, pushing around $1500

str8304
07-19-2005, 01:39 AM
d, give me a call! you know i use to have 19's, but you dont have to do all of that for them to fit.

galantv600
07-19-2005, 01:39 AM
but the offset alright? even if its 35 & 38???

str8304
07-19-2005, 01:57 AM
i cannot remember cause i always got high offset rims, but if they do not fit properly all you have to do is put some spacers on it and you will be good. my homie baker here in houston has a black 01 with the same rims i have (20's) and he got the wrong offset, but spacers did the trick for him.

pinoyesv6
07-19-2005, 02:08 AM
ah. that offset is pretty low.

best thing you can do is put the wheels on and see where you rub. then with the cutting wheel just take a stab at that lip on your fender.

cali is running a 19x8 with a +35mm offset. he did some cutting but he also has a spacer.

problem with the spacer is that it can push you wheels out from the side of his car. for cali that is'nt a problem because he has fender flares.

if this buddy is really a buddy of yours, then he'd let you try the wheels on and you can see not only how it looks bit the potential fitment issues you'll have.

galantv600
07-19-2005, 11:47 AM
yeah hes gonna let me try em once he comes into town again... im planning on purchasing some fender flares too https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Danger DANJ
07-19-2005, 12:03 PM
With your drop, you will more than likely rub in the rear, possibly up front too. Spacers won't work, they will just push the wheel out farther and there will be an even greater chance of rubbing on the fenders. I mean, sure you will want spacers if you are rubbing the suspension, but then you will be rubbing the fenders.

galantv600
07-19-2005, 12:23 PM
even with the jdm fender flares?

Danger DANJ
07-19-2005, 06:09 PM
even with the jdm fender flares?
Well, let's say the wheels rub the rear fenders and rolling or cutting the inner lip takes care of the problem. In that case, it doesn't matter if you have fender flares or not, the wheels will fit. But, if the wheels are sticking out far enough that even rolling or cutting the inner lip doesn't help, then fender flares will help assuming that you are willing to cut away part of the actual fender (not just the inner lip). Even then, you will probably have to cut down the underside lip of the fender flares too because they stick in a bit. The underside lips on my fender flares actually have a small area on them where my tires were rubbing, but they don't anymore because the plastic is wore down. That's with a 7.5" wide wheel with a +42mm offset, so imagine a wheel that is wider and sticks out further.