PDA

View Full Version : Gas Gauge out of Sync

n3oAcid24
07-19-2005, 09:43 AM
ok here is my new problem. last week i put in some s7 gauges on my 8G. in the process of putting the gauges on, i moved the gas gauge up a little bit. i didnt notice til i put everything back on. i thought to myself "ok well fill up the tank and problem solved". wrong. now the gas light goes on and the gauge tells me i still have over 1/4 of a tank left. i tried moving the needle last night cuz the gas light came on again but the needle keep on going back to the same spot it was in. can anyone help me? let me know a few ideas of what i can do. thanks.

Chero2000
07-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Ummm.. The best you can do is adjust the needle to the bes location you can. It wont ever be exact again man. Just when that little light comes on make sure you get some gas in there withing the next 20-25 miles. LOL...

n3oAcid24
07-19-2005, 10:46 AM
damn so once its out of sync it can never go back? that sucks monkey ass man!!!!! oh well thanks for the info Chero.

pinoyesv6
07-19-2005, 11:57 AM
they say if you gently point the needle down as far as it can go without breaking it, it will reset itself. never worked for me but it worked for a plenty of others.

n3oAcid24
07-19-2005, 12:27 PM
hmmmm ill try that. i tried bring it down but only til it didnt want to go down any more. ill try it. thanks.