PDA

View Full Version : relays for reelax'scorner lights mod

mrjaydeeone
10-14-2002, 03:42 PM
I bought relays at the WIZ today...they costed me a buck a piece are these the right ones...
Bosch Relay
12v 20/30 AMP SPDT RELAY

the look just like the ones in crutchfield 'cept they don't have the piece with the wires...lemme know

Gizmo
10-14-2002, 06:54 PM
Yeah I did the mod to the corners, but I think you are going to have to get the relays that look like the ones from Crutchfield. Because you have to splice the wires from the corners to the wires from the relay and if you don't have the wires on the relay how would you connect the corner wires to them?

BGR
10-14-2002, 07:46 PM
When you guys are saying Crutchfield, are you talking about the website or the catalog? I couldn't find them in the catalog and I haven't looked on the website.

Thanks.

Gizmo
10-14-2002, 07:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>When you guys are saying Crutchfield, are you talking about the website or the catalog? Â*I couldn't find them in the catalog and I haven't looked on the website.

Thanks.</div>

Sorry, the website, I haven't seen the relays in the catalog.

mrjaydeeone
10-14-2002, 09:27 PM
I saw them on the web site also...maybe I can get the other half of them somewhere...otherwise I can just crimp em together...If I do need the part with the wires...where ya think I can pick em up...?!?!?!
also giz how did you do the corner light mod and hook the fog lights up to the corner lights...
can you gimme some directions to clear this up for me a lil

mrjaydeeone
10-15-2002, 12:10 AM
tru dat

mrjaydeeone
10-15-2002, 11:29 AM
Giz....I gotta question for ya....
or anyoneelse who can answer....
do you splice the wires for both of the fog lights or just 1...

ASTIG
10-15-2002, 12:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>you don't need the socket. its jsut a clean way of connection the wires to the socket so that the relay can be changed when needed easily. you can just stil the wires thru the holes in the prongs on the bottom of the relay and solder them in. just as good IMO</div>

another clean way to do it is by using female spade connectors. thats what i used for my homemade HID wiring harness.

Gizmo
10-15-2002, 12:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>Giz....I gotta question for ya....
or anyoneelse who can answer....
do you splice the wires for both of the fog lights or just 1...</div>

What I did was splice the left fog with the left corner and the right fog with the rigth corner. It was easier that way because the fog light wires ran up on each side of the car by the corner wiring.

djScript
10-15-2002, 12:46 PM
you can buy the socket from http://www.partsexpress.com ('http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showprod.cfm?&DID=7&CATID=47&ObjectGroup_ID=31') for like $1.50 they also got good prices on the relays.

circuit city & best buy have these relays for $13.00 :shock: including the socket. you can find it at their mobile audio/video installation bay.

djScript
10-15-2002, 12:54 PM
and oh, for 99-01 8Gs, there are a couple of unused bosch-type relay sockets in the fuse box in the engine compartment. it's just a bitch getting into the bottom part to tap the wires since it has some type of cover.

--
jay