PDA

View Full Version : Help with suspension

Pheersom3
07-23-2005, 08:31 PM
I was wondering if anyone can help me with my suspension problem. I have a 99 ES I6. I bought the car the way it currently is. I want to make my ride even again and don't know what suspension setup I have. Everything is stock. Here is a photo of my front suspension.http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Pheersom3/99Galant001.jpgIs there any advice I you can give me to fix this problem? Thanks

pinoyesv6
07-23-2005, 09:35 PM
what exactly is your problem? i see the gap in the hood. i see that you odn't know what engine you have in your car. but other than that, i just see a factory suspension. looks to me the way it looks like out of the factory.

Danger DANJ
07-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Yeah, that huge gap up front is normal for all stock 8G Galants.

QnzMostWanted
07-24-2005, 02:57 PM
holy wheel gap, i havent seen a stock suspension on this site in a long time......well not that close up.....thats how its supposed to sit stock, if u want to even it out, u have to drop it

bergundy2k1
07-24-2005, 03:07 PM
I remember when I had a wheel gap like that, I have a similar gap on my hood. A damn Xterra backed into my car and just got the hood causing it to buckle. It was gone by the time I got back to the car, the only solution it think is to get a new hood " maybe a carbon fiber". I say slap some progress springs on that and some AGX's and you will fine , also clear them corners.

2000GTZ
07-26-2005, 04:23 AM
i suck at photoshop but i kinda fixed your suspension issue. i was kind enough to pop ur hood back in too. i did that one for free. you dont have to thank me. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

btw i just realized you said your galant has an I6 engine. that's the rarest USDM galant. pics?

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6246/hehe6en.jpg

Pheersom3
07-27-2005, 08:32 PM
hey thanks for the Photoshop effect on my car. I was also wondering will AGX's work for my car as I've heard they were for eclipses. How much would they cost and can I install them myself if I buy them? I would like to know these things that way I can can get a clearer picture of what I should do. Again thanks for the photoshop effect. I didn't think anyone would do that for my car. BTW when the truck backed up into your car did it damage the front end as well as the hood? or just the hood?

pinoyesv6
07-27-2005, 09:21 PM
agx's won't lower your car. springs do.

Pheersom3
07-28-2005, 11:17 PM
well what kind of springs are recommended for the galant? What do most people prefer? I would like to lower the front so it doesn't look so damn high. It looks bad with the springs that high in the front. I hope you all can help me out with the information that Im looking for. Thanks

pinoyesv6
07-28-2005, 11:20 PM
how low do you want to go?

Pheersom3
07-30-2005, 05:42 PM
I want to go as low as the Danger Dan Galant posted earlier in the topic. Although My car will probably never look as good as his, I want it to be that low if possible.

DOHCstunr
07-30-2005, 06:02 PM
you could just weld on some skate bard trucks to your drip rails and frame, then take your springs out all together. then you would litarlly be riding on the ground. i don'ty know how bouncy it would be.
but i might suck when your car is stuck teetering back and forth on a crack in the road.
if you want to go real low and your city's streets will permit it(i.e you live in miami or someplace where the roads are all cement and smooth) get some coildovers and a set of shocks. good shocks, and keep them on their highest setting at all times so they can keep up with the high spring rate of the coilover system. then you will be fine.
i wouldn't recomend coilovers anywhere that sees snow and salt cause the roads are always shit due to potholes and warping from hot/cold.

you might also want to invest in a low profile jack or some boards to drive up on so you can get a jack under your car too.

bergundy2k1
07-30-2005, 06:03 PM
When the truck backed into me, it was slowly when they were trying to fit into a parking spot on the street. So all happened was that my hood buckled and there is one deep scratch on the bumper above where mt number plate should be. I was going to fix it but it has gotten me out of a couple improperly displayed front tag tickets. I just told them at the time that someone backed into me and the tag came off and had a deep scratch to proove it. I will fix it sometime, I think that they will catch up with me eventually and it gives them another reason to stop me for my tinted windows.