PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer problem. Need Help fast plz

darylvia
07-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey guys I just took my car from the body shop today and as soon as I got out I saw the it was not showing how fast I was going. I went back to the body shop and they told me they didnt do anything on it. Every other gauge is fine (rpms, temp & gas) I know there is a cable that is connected to the transmission. My friend checked but he is not sure where it is. I dont know, but I had seen in other cars that there is also a fuse that can be disconnected to stop the mileage count. So the miles are stock and it does not show how fast I go. I need plz help to locate the problem. tks guys for the help

laxattack2001
07-26-2005, 09:18 PM
check the fuse that ur talking about check all of them just in case, my mom had the same problem in her last car and the fuse was the problem

AntimonyER
07-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey I have the same problem, mine was due to the wires being pulled out of the sender plug. I think the wires got mixed up. You may want to check that the plug didn't come loose, or if the wires got pulled out or cut.

darylvia
07-26-2005, 11:24 PM
yep I have to find the time one of these days to take out everything apart. I think it may be a fuse since I dont think they did anything with the cables, but god knows what the hell they did. tks

fatal1
07-27-2005, 12:25 AM
i had a similar problem when i changed my guages, take off the needle and then turn the car on you will hear something move there is a small pin connector that plugs into the needle mount everything back and make sure all of the connections are made behind the unit when you do so but do not put back on the bezel or the case you will have to drive around a little and adjust it...
first put back on the needle to the pin and let your car idle a little it usually at least with mine goes right below about 10 mph

second if it is not moving still check the resistence
pull the needle back off and drive a few feet without it on

park and put it back on (make sure it is not pushed all the way down give it a little room)

now drive around a little

also you can try to over extend it by maunually pushing it to the furthest point and see if it moves back

just keep repeating these steps in different orders and play with the needle untill it starts to find itself

tip: make sure you do not move any other needles especially the gas meter it is very annoying to get it to work properly again

also what happened to me was i was driving and i accelerated quickly and slowed down accelerated and slowed down and it moved to different speeds but it was lagging a little and it sort of reset itself and works fine now

i would say to try this before you go messing with anything else take it from me usually it is the most simple explinations and i am one to usually take the hard route in finding that out :roll:

darylvia
07-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Tks FAtal1. I am going to check everything... it is weird before I left it in the shop it was working well. I dont know what they did. It has to be a connection because it is not only the needle. The mileage is not counting. It has been stock in the same number of miles since I got the car out of the body shop. Tks.