PDA

View Full Version : piggy back

dudj
07-26-2005, 08:39 PM
is there any piggy back for 7g 1996 5spd? if ever do can i use it even thought its not turbo or it has to be a turbo or with a booster first? if i can use it where can i buy it?

peanotation
07-26-2005, 09:22 PM
what are you trying to accomplish? depending on what your goal is, there's a few choices you have.

and yes, there are piggy backs made for our cars, because most of them are universal.

dudj
07-26-2005, 10:07 PM
peanotation... i don't know what's my plan coz i really don't have any idea about piggy back ride. all i know is u attach it to ur ecu and reprogram it or something. and that's all i want to do for now coz i still have stock engine. i heard it will help to add some boost... i think. so, where can i buy it and how much?

thanks for the reply peanotation

pinoyesv6
07-26-2005, 10:40 PM
my suggestion. if you don't know what a piggy back does, don't even bother with it right now. especially with a stock motor. yes. piggy backs are nice. helps add some control to your car. but in the wrong hands, a piggy back can be hazardous to your car. i've seen people fry their motors because the piggybacks were set wrong. do a lil research. see what piggy backs do first.

peanotation
07-26-2005, 10:40 PM
uh, ok. a "piggy back" is a computer component that you wire into your ECU to modify fuel maps, airflow, ignition timing, etc. if you still have a stock engine, you really have no use for one. you can squeeze maybe a couple ponies out by getting bigger injectors, aftermarket fuel pump, and some other goodies that would make your fuel maps a little more efficient. it's far from cost effective at your stage of the game. if you still want to get one, cheapest starts at about $220 on ebay.

do a search. everyone always said if you don't know what it is, you don't need one.

dudj
07-26-2005, 11:57 PM
thanks for the info guys... just need some ponies in my engine... i know i know go 63T. but for now can't afford yet and don't know how much is the total for everything, parts and labor and how long it will take.

thanks anyway...

brandon
07-27-2005, 07:02 AM
Go fast mods aren't cheap, and cheap mods won't make you go fast.