PDA

View Full Version : Where can you install this at?

G-spot
07-27-2005, 11:42 PM
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/30057037/Images/OCT-RL-SL.jpg

Jsout247 bought "this thing" not too long ago and he's been asking alot of people. Could someone help him out? Thanxs https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Djayfusion99_es_v6
07-28-2005, 12:12 AM
isn't that for a turbo set up?

Fall Out Boy
07-28-2005, 12:23 AM
ralliart my ass.

pinoyesv6
07-28-2005, 12:46 AM
why would you need one? i have a catch can and its like the size of a plum (the fruit) and i haven't even caught enough oil to fill up a teaspoon. and i've had that thing since 03.

loser00
07-28-2005, 04:29 AM
whats it do

peanotation
07-28-2005, 05:11 AM
replace your breather line that goes from your valve cover to your intake. it's a bit excessive though.

pLUGSNEt
07-28-2005, 06:56 AM
Well maybe he just wants it for looks.. .. set up in the rite place in a engine bay could look real nice.. LOL.. you guys gonna help him find a place or just rag on it LOL... 8)

So... In lames terms what does this mean
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>replace your breather line that goes from your valve cover to your intake. it's a bit excessive though</div>

I have no idea what this means LOL.. for those mechanically challenged...

Censee
07-28-2005, 08:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pLUGSNEt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well maybe he just wants it for looks.. .. set up in the rite place in a engine bay could look real nice.. LOL.. you guys gonna help him find a place or just rag on it LOL... 8) Â*

So... In lames terms what does this mean
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>replace your breather line that goes from your valve cover to your intake. it's a bit excessive though</div>

I have no idea what this means LOL.. for those mechanically challenged...</div>

on an intake there will be a hole where u will atttach a line there and that goes attatched to your valve cover on 4 cyl,,,,on the 6 its not exactly on your valve cover,,but u get the idea....thats where hes talking about....man why would he buy "that thing" if he doesnt even know what it does or even what its called ,,hahahaha

Stylin_G
07-28-2005, 09:05 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>man why would he buy "that thing" if he doesnt even know what it does or even what its called ,,hahahaha</div>

Amen brutha, bring it to a shop and they'll install it for him

bluediamonds
07-28-2005, 11:20 AM
I got one cause I thought they looked cool, serves no purpose what-so-ever, but just a little chrome eye candy. I put it in the front left corner and used braided hoses.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/616000-616999/616104_94_full.jpg

jacuZZi
07-28-2005, 11:48 AM
You'll need it if you Road race your car. All the drifter have it on theirs. its just connect from the crankcase, then just put breather on the other end. thats what most people do. I did that on my AE86 last time. and i still have an extra one (greddy catch can).

G-spot
07-29-2005, 08:17 AM
I got one cause I thought they looked cool, serves no purpose what-so-ever, but just a little chrome eye candy. I put it in the front left corner and used braided hoses.

I think that was his real intention, just fo sho'

Thanxs 4 your inputs

peanotation
07-29-2005, 11:36 AM
man why would he buy "that thing" if he doesnt even know what it does or even what its called ,,hahahaha

oh jesus christ. i can understand if people can't install their own turbo or do their own transmission swap, because they dont have the tools/garage space/or slightest clue.

but a catch can? if you can't install that you shouldn't ever touch a car. not even to drive it.

Serstylz2
07-29-2005, 11:59 AM
man why would he buy "that thing" if he doesnt even know what it does or even what its called ,,hahahaha

oh jesus christ. i can understand if people can't install their own turbo or do their own transmission swap, because they dont have the tools/garage space/or slightest clue.

but a catch can? if you can't install that you shouldn't ever touch a car. not even to drive it.

not everyone is as mechanically inclined as u boss.

pinoyesv6
07-29-2005, 12:25 PM

how hard is it to turn a screwdriver or a ratchet? installing hte catch can is easier than installing an intake. depending on where you install it, you might not even need to drill. just put the bolt into the hole and sandwhich the bracket between the bolt and the car.

Hodgson316
07-29-2005, 01:01 PM

yeah this really isn't that hard of a mod... all you basically need is a screwdriver

jacuZZi
07-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Lol yeah even if someone doesnt know car mechanical, but they should be able to install a catch can. just find a place to mount it , thats all. even easier than an oil change.

peanotation
07-29-2005, 05:32 PM

aw c'mon dude. we're talking about a catch can. it's more simple than an oil change. literally. i try not to be an asshole but this is rediculous.

and if you dont know what it is, you don't need it.