PDA

View Full Version : horn broken

ohgrfreak
07-31-2005, 11:23 PM
I need the horn to work to pass inspection, but I think it's fuse is blown. Now, before I go pulling each and every fuse one by one, does anyone have a scematic or diagram telling which fuse goes where and does what?

I am wanting to buy a manual, but that'll take time to get the money and then have it shipped. I did download the service manual PDF that someone posted, but that doesn't have anything to do with the fuses.

I don't even know where the fuses are, LOL, under the hood or under the dash?

Anyways, thank you for your help.

1997 ES

MBowen574
07-31-2005, 11:39 PM
Have you considered visiting (or calling) a dealer? I know they usually aren't much help, but I always call just to check as a first course of action. This is easy-to-find info that they can just tell you over the phone, so they might be willing to help out.

jhunter
07-31-2005, 11:47 PM
there are 2 fuse boxes. One under the driverside dash easly found, and theres one under the hood on the passangers side. The fuse boxes are labled and there is a fuse for the horn. so just check both boxes and look for horn take it out and check it. simple as that.

ohgrfreak
08-01-2005, 01:37 AM
The dealer won't help me at all, they just said that they'll look at it for a fee and see what to do from there.

I didn't know that the fuses would be labelled like that, thanks for that info!

Proto
08-01-2005, 06:32 AM
the horn is in the fuse box under the hood

ohgrfreak
08-01-2005, 08:38 AM
I never had a car that's fuses were so easily marked, even of all my later model imports were never this easy with fuses. But, I did get the fuse out and I'll be stopping by one of the local autoparts stores to find a replacement. The weird thing is, I thought it would be a buss type fuse, so I went out to the car all ready with my little buss fuse kit and tool, LOL. I never had to replace one of the "big" fuses before.

Anyways, please wish me luck that all that's wrong is a blown fuse and not something else.

Oh, I also have a foglight problem where they won't turn on, but I have no idea where the fuse is for it, since they are aftermarket, I guess I'll have some digging around for that, heh. It's probably just the switch since they are only a few months old.

Proto
08-01-2005, 11:38 AM
the foglights would have a fuse on the wiring harness that came with it and if not the wiring is fried. switches rarely go bad.

ohgrfreak
08-01-2005, 11:41 AM
So the fuse is not a fuse, but a relay, they tell me that the horn doesn't have a fuse, so I went to the local Mitsu dealer and picked up a relay, the old one looked burnt on the terminals.

I talked to a person from Hella and he told me what to get and where the fuse might be for the fog lights, so I'm all set, I just need my fiancee to bring my car back after she gets off work so I can toss these things in.

ohgrfreak
08-02-2005, 11:05 AM
I replaced the relay and found the fuse, horn still doesn't work. I'm taking it to the Lee's Summit Mitsu dealer to have it worked on. I hope it's not hard to fix, but at least I got that aftermarket warranty.

Replaced the fuse for the driving lights, it didn't look blown and it's only been a few months since they were installed, but that was the problem, got em working. The relay and fuse were all neat and tidy just inches away from the battery, I have to call up my installers and thank them for such a neat job. They worked for 4 hours just to fit everything just how I wanted them to.

If you ever need foglights, tint, or audio done, try Vision Audio in Cameron Missouri, I drive two hours from KC just to have them work on my car.