PDA

View Full Version : Body panels welding

Jet Black
08-02-2005, 04:45 PM
I was wondering how much would it cost to get a new rear quarter panel welded in place of the old one? Im talking about a 24x10 inch piece in place of the dented one.

So far, to get the dent fixed I have been quoted from 700-2000 dollars. I would much rather just replace the whole piece instead of getting it fixed.

Thanks.

luisgalantES
08-02-2005, 07:15 PM
i got my left hand rear panel, back bumper, and left taillight replaced and painted for only $250. what you have to do is send it to your insurance , that is if you got full coverage. then just say it happened at the market or some shit.

Jet Black
08-02-2005, 07:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luisgalantES)</div><div class='quotemain'>i got my left hand rear panel, back bumper, and left taillight replaced and painted for only $250. what you have to do is send Â*it to your insurance , that is if you got full coverage. then just say it happened at the market or some shit.</div>

1 word -> Liability

ipaintu
08-02-2005, 08:09 PM
well i just did a 300 lexus for a friend and she paid me 3200 and some change to do the quater and rear door. So I dont know.... thats not like just thro it on kinda thing...... You need proper tools to do panels.

Jet Black
08-02-2005, 08:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ipaintu)</div><div class='quotemain'>well i just did a 300 lexus for a friend and she paid me 3200 and some change to do the quater and rear door. So I dont know.... thats not like Â*just thro it on kinda thing...... You need proper tools to do panels.</div>

Well I have the actual non-damaged panel in my possesion. So now how much do you figure it would be to get the new piece welded in place of the old (keeping it unpainted).

ipaintu
08-02-2005, 09:35 PM
painting is the cheap part ... Your car is black also so i mean it gets no easier than that. Its the cutting and other things that fall into play.

your still looking at 65 to 75% of the cost.

Jet Black
08-03-2005, 02:11 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ipaintu)</div><div class='quotemain'>painting is the cheap part ... Your car is black also Â*so i mean Â* it gets no easier than that. Its the cutting and other things that fall into play.

your still looking at 65 to 75% of the cost.</div>

Damnnn...well either way I'll need to get it fixed.