PDA

View Full Version : Lights blinking fast...help!!

efabara
08-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Well this is how it goes. A couple of weeks ago I cleared out my corners. I kept the amber bulbs for about a week and then bought a set of blue bulbs. At first, only one side was blinking fast (left side) and the other was fine. However the right side bulb was a lot brighter than the left side. I switched around the bulbs and the problem followed the bulbs so I switched them back. The next day I changed the bulb on the right side. I tested the new bulb on the good side and it worked. So I replaced the left side bulb with this new one and put the old left side bulb on the right side. Same thing, left side blinked fast but both sides were equal brightness. So then I tried the old stock bulbs on both sides (which were good when i removed them) and all of a sudden both sides started blinking fast. When I switched back to the blue bulbs, same thing. I lifted up the contacts a little thinking it was a bad contact and put some bulb grease to make sure the connection was good but still the same thing, blinks fast. My parking lights turn on and the hazards work fine. Only when i signal to turn does it blink fast. If the hazards are on and I signal, it still works fine. I replaced all the bulbs in the rear thinking it might have been a faulty bulb but they still blink fast. Anyone know what to do???

TGC lover
08-04-2005, 10:52 PM
maybe the bulbs just dont use that much power, so they blink faster. i dont know.... http://skysnet.com/clients/kevin/galant.gif

pinoyesv6
08-04-2005, 10:55 PM
if you have a voltmeter you can test to seee if you are getting 12v to the contacts in the socket. you'll know when you get the 12v because the voltmeter would go 12v 0v 12v 0v when the lights are blinking.

thats where i'd start off.

lonestar22
08-04-2005, 11:26 PM
maybe it is one of ur rear tails that is out? i dunno prob not nvm

Kalamidad
08-05-2005, 01:18 PM
did you check your fuses and the integrity of your wires?

thegalantdude
08-05-2005, 01:32 PM
check ur fuses. had the same problem a while ago.
http://unitedhosts.com/images/galantES.gif

VegasMatt
08-05-2005, 01:32 PM
When you turn on the parking lights do the bulbs light up?

efabara
08-06-2005, 03:48 PM
VegasMatt, when i turn on the parking lights the bulbs light up. Kalamidad, where are these fuses...in the fusebox on the left of the dash or under the hood? I checked the ones on the side of the dash and nothing. And what do you mean by the "integrity of the wires?" Pinoyesv6, I checked to see if there is 12v going through the contacts. One contact has 12v constant when the parking lights are on and the other fluctuates but my voltmeter fluctuates between 7 and 5 so I don't know what that means. Also, i took a close look at the blub and I notice it is a double filament. However, only one filament ever lights up. Any thoughts?

SkylineG1
08-06-2005, 05:34 PM
VegasMatt, when i turn on the parking lights the bulbs light up. Kalamidad, where are these fuses...in the fusebox on the left of the dash or under the hood? I checked the ones on the side of the dash and nothing. And what do you mean by the "integrity of the wires?" Pinoyesv6, I checked to see if there is 12v going through the contacts. One contact has 12v constant when the parking lights are on and the other fluctuates but my voltmeter fluctuates between 7 and 5 so I don't know what that means. Also, i took a close look at the blub and I notice it is a double filament. However, only one filament ever lights up. Any thoughts?

Well there is another fuse box under the hood of the car. But I don't know if the fuse is located there for sure. Also Kalamidad meant to check if the wires are frayed, broken, etc. You also said that only one filament lights up. When you turn your sidemarkers on only one lights up, but when you activate your turn signal both should light up. If this doesn't happen then the bulb is blown.

efabara
08-06-2005, 06:23 PM
I checked all the fuses and they are fine. The wires are fine, no fraying or anything like that. Only one filament works, the other doesnt. The one that works however works with the sidemarkers and the turn signal. I will buy new bulbs and see if that fixes it but it will be the 4th set of new bulbs i buy.

jacuZZi
08-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Put new bulbs in to see if that cures the problem, if not then maybe you have some electrical prob...

Kalamidad
08-06-2005, 09:40 PM

So the same filament lights up and blinks for the turn signal? if this is so, it would mean that your front and rear turn signals are not blinking at the same time...is this the case? is this on both sides? What tailights are you running? OEM, JDM, ALTEZZAS, what mods have you run tapping into your corners or turn signals?...did you check the integrity of the harnesses in the back...they may go bad too and cause the same problem, specially if you've been working back there. If nothing of what we have said works...i'd suggest you check the entire system...have it looks at. I bet it's some stupid detail we didn't think about.

efabara
08-07-2005, 11:42 AM
So the same filament lights up and blinks for the turn signal? if this is so, it would mean that your front and rear turn signals are not blinking at the same time...is this the case? is this on both sides? What tailights are you running? OEM, JDM, ALTEZZAS, what mods have you run tapping into your corners or turn signals?...did you check the integrity of the harnesses in the back...they may go bad too and cause the same problem, specially if you've been working back there. If nothing of what we have said works...i'd suggest you check the entire system...have it looks at. I bet it's some stupid detail we didn't think about.

The front and rear do blink at the same time. The problem is on both sides but at one point, the problem was only on the left side, now it is both. I was running OEM rear lights until 2 days ago but now I'm running altezzas (new). Had the problem before and after. A few years ago I had LED nozzles but there was no problem then. I don't have them anymore. I took readings with the voltmeter at the harness and at the wires and both read the same thing. All the harnesses look fine to me. Another weird thing i noticed was that if I activate the turn signal with the bulb in the proper position, only one of the filaments lights up. When you turn around the bulb and press it down in the opposite position, the same exact filament lights up. I bought brand new OEM bulbs and tried those out and same thing. Is there anything else that anyone can think of? Taking it to mitsubishi is my last option.

Kalamidad
08-07-2005, 09:32 PM
check that your relay is in securely.
which filament lights up for both functions(steady and blinker)? the higher one or the lower one?

efabara
08-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I chexked all the relays and they are all in securely. The ones inside the cabin fuse box are in tight, i can't even get those out. I think it is the higher filament that works.

Kalamidad
08-08-2005, 06:34 PM
well, i can tell you this...the top filament is the one that is supposed to stay constant. Therefore, there's a problem with your turn signals...i would have told you replace the socket but it's too much coinsedence(sp) that both sides are having the same exact problem.

-take it to a shop

mixshows
08-10-2005, 01:30 PM
a solution to this problem is highly appreciated as im having this annoying problem and so is pedro.

shit suck https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

both the left and right turn signals light up when i turn the main headlights on at night and they stay on..pretty weird....

help please!