PDA

View Full Version : Raising Trunk Floor r

Cheekz185
08-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Hey guys whats up, I was jsut wondering if any of you have raised the floor in the trunk? I am going to raise it so I can install my amplifiers and carputer under there. How hard is it to do? My dad is a master carpenter so I think it will be a peice of cake with him. DO I have enough room to raise it about 3inches? I have a sub box that is about 14 or 15 inches high. When i get home from South Carolina I will take a bunch of masurements and draw it all out.

BIGMONEYDAY
08-09-2005, 05:34 PM
So your down here in my neck of the woods huh? Well I have a raised floor and it wasn't too hard for me and my installer to build. I had it built cause I wanted to install my amps down there and also keep my spare tire. If I remember right, we started by tracing the pattern with cardboard, then making it in 3 parts to put it in. Trying to make it as 1 piece would've been too hard to install due to how our trunks sit.

SinSere
08-09-2005, 08:10 PM
just had this done this year. I designed the whole setup and bought all the gear myself from various places and pretty much gave it all to the installer to do. I don't think its hard at all, its all about having the right tools, and it sounds like your dad does so you should be golden. I don't know if you've seen the pics, but they're on my car domain site, like 3rd page. After having a huge box with the spare underneath I decided to say forget it and just take the spare out and put everything in the floor. It's nice being able to put things in the trunk again.

Cheekz185
08-09-2005, 10:59 PM
just had this done this year. I designed the whole setup and bought all the gear myself from various places and pretty much gave it all to the installer to do. I don't think its hard at all, its all about having the right tools, and it sounds like your dad does so you should be golden. I don't know if you've seen the pics, but they're on my car domain site, like 3rd page. After having a huge box with the spare underneath I decided to say forget it and just take the spare out and put everything in the floor. It's nice being able to put things in the trunk again.

Your Trunk is HOTT but i need to keep my spare tire, just in case of anything ya know. Im over in new york and these roads over here suck so dont wanna get a flat tire.

So your down here in my neck of the woods huh? Well I have a raised floor and it wasn't too hard for me and my installer to build. I had it built cause I wanted to install my amps down there and also keep my spare tire. If I remember right, we started by tracing the pattern with cardboard, then making it in 3 parts to put it in. Trying to make it as 1 piece would've been too hard to install due to how our trunks sit.

Do you have any pics of your trunk? would you be able to take some so i can check it out. Can you give me some pointers?

G-Fury
08-09-2005, 11:26 PM
..Eventually I would like to create a false floor for my trunk, seal off the spare tire compartment (or what ever its called) and place 2 sub woofers in there. My friend did that with his car a few years back...it looked so clean and still left room in the trunk. As far as the spare...I would have to find a way to set it up, exposed in my trunk at a slant closest to the backseats.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

BIGMONEYDAY
08-10-2005, 05:03 AM
I'll try to post some pix of the install, but it won't be until next week cause I'm out of town right now, and those pix are on my desk top and not my laptop.