PDA

View Full Version : Humming Tires

chromed_out_galant
08-09-2005, 04:52 PM
I have a set of 18" Rims and ever since I got them, the tires have hummed. Does anyone know a high quality lo-profile tire that does not hum that handles well but is used mostly for street use? Any suggestions appreciated.

DryBear
08-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Whate tires are you running now that are noisy?

If you want quiet, then stay away from BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2 - super grippy tires, but very loud (and expensive).

I've also ran Continental ContiExtremes and Falken FK-451s, and both were pretty quiet, moreso the Continenals. The Falkens had better grip, not as good as the BF goodrich, but still pretty damn good. The Continentals were not as grippy, but still great tires, and have high treadlife.

VegasMatt
08-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Yokohama Parada Spec-2

ipaintu
08-09-2005, 05:39 PM
let me ask this how many miles are on them? I have noticed now since i have about 25k they are alittle more noisey... They are wearing out so I may need new ones again..

chromed_out_galant
08-09-2005, 09:08 PM
I am currentyl running Wanli S-1099's. They came with the rims courtesy of the wheel and tire package. They have always hummed ever since I put them on. The wheels also vibrate over 65... :x I am hoping new rubber will help with both of these problems. The tires have maybe 10-15 thousand miles. Def not more. I have been pretty tough on them. I take corners pretty fast. I was thinkin about Goodyear's lo-pro's that they put on the corvettes... what do you guys think about that?

pvu_rida
08-11-2005, 07:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromed_out_galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am currentyl running Wanli S-1099's. Â*They came with the rims courtesy of the wheel and tire package. Â*They have always hummed ever since I put them on. Â*The wheels also vibrate over 65... :x </div>

I had the same tires on my car. It did the same thing. I think cause they are cheap chinese tires.

chromed_out_galant
08-17-2005, 07:22 PM
yo pvu, when you got new tires did the vibration stop also?