PDA

View Full Version : Katskin Question

dave1
08-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Hey any of you install the katskin interior with the side air bags?

Im thinking about getting it but i dont know if the side aire bags are gonna be a problem.

thanks in advance

SinSere
08-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Not familiar with side air bags on an 8G. There are lots of people on the site that have the Katzkins including myself on the door panels and seats. Does the 9G have side air bags?

dave1
08-17-2005, 09:36 AM
my cars a 00' and it has them im thinking its gonna mess up the katzskin

SinSere
08-17-2005, 10:18 AM
What model? I have the GTZ, which is the hightest model for the G and I don't think it has them.

pLUGSNEt
08-17-2005, 10:23 AM
LOL 8g's dont have side air bags.. I hope they didnt tell you that when you were buying your car....

pinoyesv6
08-17-2005, 10:37 AM
i think the side aribags were a 2001+ thing. standard on the premium models and optional on the rest.

but yea, if the airbags deploy, yes, they will mess up the katzkins. but if they deploy im pretty sure you'd want them to anyways.

dave1
08-17-2005, 12:21 PM
LOL 8g's dont have side air bags.. I hope they didnt tell you that when you were buying your car....

it comes with a premium package. Ive had galants from 1998 and up im not a newbie man

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=2590995 ('http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=2590995')

http://and-auto.com/Aug17^09.JPG

heres the srs logo on the seat

by the way my cars a 2000 es v6

SinSere
08-17-2005, 01:09 PM
I had no idea...ah hell just get the seats and put um in.

dave1
08-17-2005, 01:10 PM
I had no idea...ah hell just get the seats and put um in.

im prolly gonna just do that, ill leave them unplugged or take the fuse out

quicksilver22
08-17-2005, 01:43 PM
why leave them unplugged? thats assanine...

i mean, you can change the fabric on the doors w/out the airbags going off huh? its not too rough.

even if you had a 130k BMW w/ side airbags, which also has some of the best leather out there, you'd still want those airbags to be there, just drive cautious as one should and go from there...

but deffinately correct me if i'm wrong :?

pinoyesv6
08-17-2005, 01:59 PM
what dave is afraid of is that the cloth skins won't peel off the seats. they get stuck where that airbag patch is.

can't put on leather seats until you get the cloth off first.

DryBear
08-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Isn't there an option for Ordering Katskinz for side-air-bag equipped cars? I thought I saw that mentioned somewhere before.

mochanges
08-17-2005, 05:29 PM
When you order the kit, tell Katskinz that you have side air bags. They use a certain thread to sew up the side so it will give if your airbag goes off. I have side airbags (99 Premium Package) and that's what they did on my leather kit. I was concerned so when I got the kit, I checked the thread and it was actually different. Just make sure they know you have the side airbags and they will supply you a kit with the special thread.

-Mohammad

dave1
08-18-2005, 08:54 AM
When you order the kit, tell Katskinz that you have side air bags. They use a certain thread to sew up the side so it will give if your airbag goes off. I have side airbags (99 Premium Package) and that's what they did on my leather kit. I was concerned so when I got the kit, I checked the thread and it was actually different. Just make sure they know you have the side airbags and they will supply you a kit with the special thread.

-Mohammad

Thanks! You were right i sent them an email and they told me its no problem they will have a special thread for that.

So i ordered the kit and prolly install it in a couple of weeks

mochanges
08-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Cool, good luck. Make sure you set aside a good amount of time to do the install. I did mine over two or three days, took me a total of approximately 7 hours, which is probably longer than average.

-Mohammad

Dominicano
08-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Cool, good luck. Make sure you set aside a good amount of time to do the install. I did mine over two or three days, took me a total of approximately 7 hours, which is probably longer than average.

-Mohammad

Thats the average it took me 8 hours total over two days I did the rears first which took longer and then i did the fronts another day. Its really not that hard and i never done it before. The only thing i recommend not doing yourself is the doors let a pro do that i got charged 100 for my doors but i took them off and left it with the shop.