PDA

View Full Version : blown fuse???

fatal1
08-21-2005, 03:00 PM
hey everyone whats up?

i have a problem i was installing the neon lights to my subs today and i think i blew a fuse heres a list of what went off

my headunit
dome lights
trunk light
amp/ subs

i changed the fuse for the subs and still no good
does anyone know which fuse box these accesories are so i can check

i ran the lights to the power wire on the trunk light
then i hit one of the wires by accident with my screwdriver while i was grounding off

and like an a** i had the car running
any help would be appreciated
thanks

Lazarus
08-21-2005, 03:40 PM
there's one under the hood to check if not the one on teh driver side on teh side of the dash

fatal1
08-21-2005, 03:57 PM
yea i been checking em i think it also might be something with my battery cuz i tried lockin my doors with the car off and they wouldnt work only with the car on

ive been lookin at all the fuses and from what ive seen they all look good but i gotta pick up some more tomorrow

also i dont think so but do you think it could be something with my oil because i got an oil change like 2 weeks ago and now im low and the light is coming on and my car is stalling out unless i have my foot on the gas revin it up the dickheads obviously didnt put in enough oil

and lastly what is the little box in the trunk its like white with 2 wires for power or something and then a ground wire going to a screw with a ring terminal it is like right behind the trunk light

thanks for any help
and im open to suggestions

Mathas
08-21-2005, 04:26 PM
my headunit
dome lights
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ghlight=#318080 ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?p=318080&highlight=#318080')

fatal1
08-21-2005, 09:15 PM
ok well i dont have any spare fuses but i did try switching one with the one pictured in the link you sent the one in the yellow holster with the clips and still the same problem
it seems i have the same exact problems as the other people that were in the other 2 links

im going to replace all my fuses tomorrow when the stores open but untill then if anyone has any suggestions as to what else it may be please let me know
thanks everyone for you help in advance

fatal1
08-22-2005, 04:47 PM
ok so i got the fuses after i checked them again this morning and they were all good (all indicated that they were good by the test light)so i pulled out the one that was meant for these accesories and after replacing it it worked so im looking to further inspect what was wrong with it if it wasnt necisarily blow and somehow it was bent? strange?