PDA

View Full Version : Speedo not working... dealership wouldn't help

AntimonyER
08-23-2005, 02:54 PM
I took my galant to the dealership today to get the speedometer fixed, they wouldn't fix it, or even diagnose it for me, since I had those AC autotechnic gauges installed. It was there from 9:30 till 3:30, and they didn't even call me to tell me they wouldn't work on it. So needless to say, I need some help. I think what happened is the connector under the battery got messed up, the wires got pulled out from the connector, and put back in the wrong way. Does anyone have a wiring schematic for that area of the car, so I can figure out which way to put the wires into the connector correctly. Thanks

AntimonyER
08-23-2005, 10:56 PM
So yeah, tonight was proof that my luck has changed. My dad and I decided to try to fix the speedo ourselves. First we took the connector off of the wires, and broke the connector for good trying to get the wires off. Just when we thought it was over, by some miracle we found an identical connector on the old engine. So we redid the connector, not knowing if the wires were in the right spot, since they were pulled out the first time. Well we got it right the first time which is amazing since 3 wires mean 6 different ways to put it together. So I have my speedometer back. No thanks to the dealership.

Kalamidad
08-24-2005, 08:40 AM
damn, that sucks...

You should have played the lotto that day...that was very lucky to find an identical plug. I'm glad you got it fixed. I wouldn't have know how to tell you to fix it. Never had the problem.