PDA

View Full Version : Injen Rubbing Battery

sizzource
08-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey all, I am new to the forums and I didn't want my first post to be about a problem Im having, but oh well.

Anyways, I just started upgrading my 8G and I have alot to learn from all that I am reading. The car isn't even mine, but Im trying to upgrade the car but still make it look completely stock. Basically a sleeper.

I just installed an Injen Short Ram (didn't want to deal with the hydrolocking with the CAI). I was reading on some other forum that alot of people were having a problem with their Injens rubbing against the battery itself in two places. I looked today and I found that I was having the same problem. So my question is there anything that I can do other than put a piece of rubber inbetween it and the battery?

The car is an I4 incase that is a problem. The car was so slow before I put the intake in and Im sure glad that I did. The only thing thats got me bummed is the bottom end. Its pretty bad that I can't even spin my tires from a dead stop without powerbraking or tray sliding. Does anyone have an suggestions on what to get as my second upgrade for bottom end. I was thinking a full exhaust from Ripp Mod and throwing on a silenced muffler (I want the best one, but I don't know much about tuners).

Yesterday Hurricane Katrina passed right over me and to my suprise my car was extremely stable and I had no problems with hyrdrolock. It was actually kind fun trying to tray slide in the middle of a highway with winds of like 70 mph.

So all in all, the point of this thread is to find out how to solve the problem of the Injen rubbing the battery and what bottom end product I need to get next.

pinoyesv6
08-26-2005, 11:02 PM
make sure all the fittings are on all the way. same with the pipe. make sure that are deep in the fitting.

the new injen's won't rub if installed correctly and the older injens, which btw, haven't been since in years, if you adjust it right, it won't rub. my 1st gen injen doesn't rub anymore.

sizzource
08-27-2005, 12:01 AM
Yea, I adjusted it a few times, but Im still having the same problem. Nothing a piece of rubber can't fix, Im actually happy because it makes me more confident that it will stay in place.

Anyways, any suggestions on a second upgrade. Im going to do the clear corner light and intensify it. Then do some xenon lights, but thats all I got so far.

RedGalant
08-28-2005, 02:23 PM
For second performance, I say suspension or catback. But you having an I4 isnt a problem at all. Theres actually quite a bit of turbo kits out there, or so I've heard. Plus, you can always do the Evo engine swap. I kinda wish I had an I4 as well.

krispy03
08-28-2005, 03:29 PM
or a 5 speed tranny swap :twisted:
btw welcome to the galant center