PDA

View Full Version : drain plug gasket size?

LOST
09-01-2005, 01:03 AM
im prob gogin doing my first oil change on my gts this weekend, does any1 know the size of the drain plug gasket for the 3.8?
thanks

LOST
09-02-2005, 06:51 PM
it's 14mm lost, btw the drain plug itself is 17mm

why thank you :-)

the only reason i asked is I have the 04+ galant techincal service manual, and in the oil change section it states to replace the drain plug gasket with a new one during an oil change. I really dont want mitsu voiding my warranty over a 1$ gasket

9G
09-02-2005, 10:41 PM
koo koo, koo koo https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

BTW, did you get it from the dealer or an auto parts store?

LOST
09-06-2005, 03:59 PM
well, i live no where near a mitsu dealer so i had to go auto parts store, basically i just got 1 so I could get the recipt for a gasket so my dealer couldnt give me crap about a doing the service myself.
The gasket that is factory, is different than the one's sold at auto parts store, well at least advanced auto; so the next time ill order it from the mitsu dealer b4 an oil change, besides im following the standard service recommendation but i didnt want to use the facotry dino goo and oil filter to 7000miles, so i swapped it out for mobil1 and a k&n oil filter