PDA

View Full Version : tips on wrapping door panels

fatal1
09-01-2005, 12:43 PM
whats up everyone i am currently wrapping my door panels as we speak but does anyone have any tips that could help me out

i havent actually started the wrapping but i am having a pretty har time getting off all the yellow foam and glue trying no to break any of the clips by pushing too hard

thanks in advance everyone

low sittin 8g
09-01-2005, 05:28 PM
im prety good at do it yourself shit.. ive done everything to my car.. except that.. talk to censee.. hes good at that shit.. i just cant do it.. i paid a guy to do mine...

Dominicano
09-01-2005, 05:57 PM
you can actually break those plastic clips and use a screw when you are finish to hook it back on other wise talk to censee.

fatal1
09-01-2005, 07:16 PM
cool thanks a lot i have currently wrapped two one is all good but i messed up on one other i am probrobly going to redo them all once i get the hang of it because the one that came out good is barely tucked in and will probroblly get messed up i was wondering if i could break any of the clips it seems that there are 3 that are essential to break and i did on the one i just did but im not going to start on them again untill tomorrow so if anyone has any tips please post them

also when i started i read somewhere that you should rip off the old cloth so i did on my first panel but i like the way it looks a lot better with the cloth still on could i just put some foam under where i originally had the cloth or am i going to have to take off all the cloth in order for it to look straight

thanks again

Dominicano
09-01-2005, 07:58 PM
yeah man you should of kept the cloth on it fills it more. If you break those tabs in the back, just use a screw with a washer when you are done to hold it to the tabs.

For the one that you took the cloth off you might want to get like some thin foam clue it to the vynil, after you left it try then stick it on to the panel.

fatal1
09-02-2005, 02:33 AM
well i decided to stay up late and i got 3 of the door panels done all except the one i ripped off the cloth only because i gotta pick up some foam or something (always gotta rush into things lol) but its not too hard just takes a long time to get it right just when i thought i was done i would notice a bubble etc and have to fix it so far for the 3 doors i spent approx 7 hours actual working time to get them all perfect... not as easy as it looks but once you get the hang of it it goes very fast i finished the last two in about an hour to an hour and a half each but the first one is what really kills you but in the end it is definately worth it looks good and saved me a lot of money i think the cost for the vinyl was about $20 and the spray adhesive was $5 but i got a lot of extra cloth becuase i wasnt sure how many times i would mess up and i also plan on having my seats done (that i will go to the shop for because i know for a fact i cant sew)

but thanks everyone for your comments

ps/ dom thanks for the advice i did pop off a few of the plastic clips and had to screw them back that was really the only thing that took me so long on the first one i didnt even think about that i was looking more along the lines of a bolt but i didnt have any small enough anyway it holds up real nice

pLUGSNEt
09-02-2005, 06:53 AM
Congrats man... show us pics when you get a chance 8) we wanna see https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

low sittin 8g
09-03-2005, 06:48 PM
any pics yet..?

fatal1
09-06-2005, 03:21 AM
na no pics yet i still gotta do the one door i ripped off the cloth on some time this week and i was away for the weekend without my car so i wasnt able to do it yet i gotta go and pick up the foam to lay underneath the vinyl but should be done by friday the latest

The F.B.I
11-10-2005, 02:48 AM
cant wait to see it...planing on doing mine too..