PDA

View Full Version : black housing heads

low sittin 8g
09-09-2005, 11:03 PM
anyone.. im tryin to take my headlights appart.. i dont wanna crack anything.. i seached.. but didnt see anything... anyone can let m eknow.. i got them off my car.. i wanna take em appart and paint them

seth98esT
09-09-2005, 11:28 PM
put them in the oven on low with the door open untill the "glue" get soft then pry them off?

hsinya
09-10-2005, 01:11 AM
there won't be enough heat with the door open. preheat the oven then put them in for a couple of min, take them out and start prying with a flathead. be careful while the plastic will be kinda hot the glue will BURN you. it also cools down really quick so throw them back into the oven when that happens. do not go over 350 degrees or you'll have a big plastic frisbee. also at around 300 degrees the plastic becomes malleable so take care not to warp the plastic while you're working on it

g-ridda
09-10-2005, 01:23 AM
easy man

steps>
1.take out bulbs
2.preheat oven to 280 degrees u can go higher but itll be a lil too hot unless ur gonna use gloves
3.turn off the oven and place the headlights in on a cookie sheet
4.set the timer to 10 minutes with oven still off then remove when times up
5. use a screwdriver to pull up tabs on top and bottom of the heads start prying them open from the part of the headlight that meets the grill of your car have a razor or knife to cut the glue whille u prying.

to put it back together do steps 2-4 and put the tabs back on and make sure theres no place for air jus keep pressure on the housing and glass of the heads till its dry again.

low sittin 8g
09-10-2005, 03:16 AM
thanks guys.. got it done tonight

Skillz911
09-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Tutorial:
http://www.galantforums.com/phpBB2/viewtop...ainted+housings ('http://www.galantforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3680&highlight=painted+housings')

ipaintu
09-10-2005, 11:19 AM
ok i got both mine done and even Cleared the insides with some black also... Man these look nice... THEY are SWEEET! I havent a good camera so im stuck on this. My camera was stolen...... Man They look good tho..
They look like the one guys car with the covers on them..

Clean...

low sittin 8g
09-10-2005, 11:28 PM
thanks guys..

krispy03
03-14-2006, 02:02 PM
any recommended paint? flat black or gloss black? i dont like all the chrome in the durango's headlights so im going to paint the chrome housing black.

Reelax
03-14-2006, 02:14 PM
any recommended paint? flat black or gloss black? i dont like all the chrome in the durango's headlights so im going to paint the chrome housing black.

flat black.

Skillz911
03-14-2006, 03:02 PM
They make a semi gloss black that comes out perfect in my opinion.

milo111000
03-14-2006, 03:24 PM
mine was semi gloss. pretty nice.

GOOSEY2099
03-14-2006, 04:39 PM
I've cleared mine and make shue you start to open them from the bottom. Also i just finished installing projectors in them. Here is a pic that DanJ took
http://www.dangerdanj.com/si031206_03.jpg

S-Line
03-14-2006, 04:49 PM
speakin of i need to clear my jdms. goosey, what you used tsx projectors right? If i get a pair for mine can you help me install them?

GOOSEY2099
03-14-2006, 04:53 PM
I used hyundai sonata projectors as they are alot bigger then the tsx ones. I didn't do all the work myself self and it took allmost 20 hours to complete. The person that helped me will have no problem doing it again but he charges some $$$. And he has another set of those projectors.

S-Line
03-14-2006, 05:20 PM
I used hyundai sonata projectors as they are alot bigger then the tsx ones. I didn't do all the work myself self and it took allmost 20 hours to complete. The person that helped me will have no problem doing it again but he charges some $$$. And he has another set of those projectors.

u got any projection shots on a wall? i might want to do it

GOOSEY2099
03-14-2006, 06:07 PM
not yet as i don't have HIDs. But probably by the end of this month

IceDouTGaLanT
03-14-2006, 06:23 PM
is it a myth then?

i herd if u put ur heads in your stove, everythings gona taste like rubber and you cant cook in it, so i was gona use a heat gun..?

ChikagoGTZ
03-14-2006, 06:31 PM
is it a myth then?

i herd if u put ur heads in your stove, everythings gona taste like rubber and you cant cook in it, so i was gona use a heat gun..?

Heat gun will work fine.

g-ridda
03-15-2006, 12:31 AM
is it a myth then?

peach cobbler tasted fine to me https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

krispy03
03-15-2006, 01:05 AM
is it a myth then?

i herd if u put ur heads in your stove, every things gona taste like rubber and you cant cook in it, so i was gona use a heat gun..?
i baked mine in the oven than made pizzas right afterwards, tasted great.

str8304
03-15-2006, 09:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>is it a myth then?

i herd if u put ur heads in your stove, every things gona taste like rubber and you cant cook in it, so i was gona use a heat gun..?</div>
i baked mine in the oven than made pizzas right afterwards, tasted great.</div>lol, you are funny! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Hodgson316
03-15-2006, 11:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>is it a myth then?

i herd if u put ur heads in your stove, everythings gona taste like rubber and you cant cook in it, so i was gona use a heat gun..?</div>

maybe if you ate the plastic...

low sittin 8g
03-16-2006, 11:43 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>is it a myth then?

i herd if u put ur heads in your stove, every things gona taste like rubber and you cant cook in it, so i was gona use a heat gun..?</div>
i baked mine in the oven than made pizzas right afterwards, tasted great.</div>

i cooked a pizza and my headlights headlights at the same time ... tasted great

krispy03
03-16-2006, 01:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(low sittin 8g)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>is it a myth then?

i baked mine in the oven than made pizzas right afterwards, tasted great.</div>

i cooked a pizza and my headlights headlights at the same time ... tasted great</div>

i was thinking that but i didnt want to jeopardize my whife's food. ill eat fresh shit off a stick if i knew a better meal for my family.