PDA

View Full Version : changing head lites bulbs is pain in the ***

7h3_wh173_kn16h7
10-16-2002, 06:37 PM
I went out to quickly changed my bulbs.. I thought it only take 5 minutes but it took me 15 min :x ...can't put back the safety pin and taking out the lites out of the wiring is hard..had to jerk off.... :evil:
may be can give me tips to make it easier changing the lites???

pinoyesv6
10-16-2002, 06:39 PM
remove the socket
remove the boot
press on the locking mechanism in the middle. if you can push it in, push it in and down, and it should open. if not, go to the other side of the bulb and try it there
remove bulb

nycgalant
10-16-2002, 07:09 PM
its funny I thought the same thing when i installed my bulbs,
atleast you did it during the day. Like a fool I installed it at night with a flashlight that had a worn out battery. I thought it would take me a couple of minutes. actually it took me about an hour. But at the end I succeeded and felt proud. Now I have no problem installin headlight bulbs............. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

7h3_wh173_kn16h7
10-18-2002, 04:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nycgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>its funny I thought the same thing when i installed my bulbs,
atleast you did it during the day. Like a fool I installed it at night with a flashlight that had a worn out battery. I thought it would take me a couple of minutes. actually it took me about an hour. Â*But at the end I succeeded and felt proud. Now I have no problem installin headlight bulbs............. Â*:D</div>

nup I actually did it during night with flaslite...i had no probl taking the lites out but puting it back is another story for me...anyway...my fingers hurts after pushing the safety pin....

Gilhuly
10-19-2002, 12:53 PM
Tanks to this thread I just did a 5-10 min install of new hyper whites. Thanks guys!

757Boyzgtz
10-21-2002, 09:04 PM
gettin them out is no problem like you said but i had a lil trouble puttin the first one in but once i figured that out i but the other light on in no time

Auto-9
10-21-2002, 09:07 PM
My problems were that I couldn't unplug the dang bulbs...after that it was smooth sailing.

7h3_wh173_kn16h7
10-21-2002, 09:56 PM
My problems were that I couldn't unplug the dang bulbs...after that it was smooth sailing.
can u tell me; did u just pull itu out? i'm afraid it would break the bulbs? or not?
thnx

Auto-9
10-21-2002, 10:04 PM
Yeah basically I said screw it and yanked and yanked until it came free...don't think there's any real damage though.

pinoyesv6
10-21-2002, 11:25 PM
hold the socket for the harness by the sides and pull. if you feel like you are gonna break something. if you know where the lil retailer clip is for the bulb, hold onto that and while u pull on the socket

Big H Killa
10-22-2002, 08:29 AM
I had the same problem getting the damn bulbs out of the socket I had to do some basic manuvering and then I was good to go.

dmc888
11-09-2002, 05:50 AM
yeah i had to get used to that h4 set up. but its not bad though we have the room atleast. my other car 97 civic was a bitch. h4s too. i had to move the power steering hose and go between a 4 inch space without letting the bulb touch anything (drvr side). don't want to blow my new kryptons. it was like that old game operation https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif