PDA

View Full Version : did some G-Tech runs.....

peanotation
09-22-2005, 09:38 PM
first 0-60 run
0-60: 7.8seconds

second 0-60 run
0-60: 6.4seconds (karman was 1363hz for this one!)

quarter mile run #1
0-60: 7.4 seconds
1/4: 15.58 @ 96.7mph

quarter mile run #2
0-60: 12 seconds
1/4: 19 @ ???mph

on all my runs i couldn't get the tires to stick at all, but some were worse than others. on the second quarter mile run, i couldn't get the tires to hold traction until i went into third. flat out burnout through 1st and 2nd. during the first 0-60 run the car jumped to 20mph and then it was just burnout city for while.

i did a bunch more runs but they're not even worth posting. even my best 0-60 was me burning out half the time

i'm now in the market for an LSD, i don't care that i have to drop the tranny anymore. today was rediculous. it wasn't a car but a traveling smoke machine

Jet Black
09-22-2005, 09:43 PM
HOLY FUCKING WHEELSPIN BATMAN! Nice traps though. 8)

seth98esT
09-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Dang man you lose traction in second? I dont have traction in first but I always have traction in second. Are you running crappy tires? BTW my 14b pulls 1550 on the karman at 15psi. Upgrade to the 14b before you drop the trans https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Jet Black
09-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Shit Matt, Ill let the T3 go for super cheap if you want it.

I just noticed too, 0-60 : 12 seconds...LMAO https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Obviously those times don't reflect the true nature of your motor. But still DAMN HOMIE WTF!?!?

DOHCstunr
09-22-2005, 09:59 PM
fun stuff man. makes me want that kind of equipment.
you were probably running too high a tire pressure for 0-60 runs.
i topped out my 14b at 1753htz @18psi the other night.
i was excited. i have a major boost leak to correct.

so how accurate are those things anyways matt?

peanotation
09-23-2005, 02:43 AM
apparently they're pretty precise. it's sensitive as hell, and everything except the HP rating is sopposed to be referencable. i tried to get my HP a couple times, but it came back at 0hp. gotta check the manual.

and i was running my tires 36psi in the back, 30 in the front. i wish these times represented what the car can really do. my times would be so much lower if i could get the car to do something usefull in first. i only gave it 35% throttle in first gear and its hopeless. the moment second gear is locked in, the speedo takes off for the first time. in first it slowly and inconsistently goes up.

i swear to god i will have an LSD very soon. i hate this traction bs. right now a minivan could take me off the line.

naughtika03
09-25-2005, 09:09 AM
I know a guy here in Brisbane (He's a member here too) he just had a Twin Turbo Conversion on his, used stock Turbos and Intercooler as well as he stayed FWD. Just after the turbo kicks in.. he loses traction and all you hear are the wheels screaming.. he had a dyno about a month or so ago he only had 134kw at the fronts @ 6psi,

im actually disappointed about it, i thought that 6A12TT would make at least 150kw+

Danger DANJ
09-25-2005, 10:18 AM
I bought a G-Tech Pro SS and never used it. After reading the manual on how to set it up, I realized that I don't have any roads near me where I can properly do it. Atleast not ones where there would never be traffic or police. I'd have to take it to a track or something to set it up.

So, how did you manage to set it up properly?