PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Tank

Danger DANJ
09-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Our fuel tanks hold 16.2 gallons, but is that counting the reserve that you have when the gas light comes on? If it does, then how much gas is in the reserve?

Dominicano
09-23-2005, 12:20 PM
I thought it was only like 14.3 or something like that

pinoyesv6
09-23-2005, 04:11 PM
i believe the 16.2 is if you were to lets say drop the tank, fill it up and measure how much is in there.

Danger DANJ
09-23-2005, 05:51 PM
So, somehow I think I hit my gas gauge needle when I last had the pod out of the car because I can't get it to fill up any further than just above 3/4. I let the gas light come on today, then filled up the tank and couldn't get a drop more than 13.486 gallons in and the needle still won't go much more past 3/4. I checked back through a bunch of my gas receipts, and until today, I've never put more than 12.7 gallons in before. So, I guess I need to adjust my needle. I guess that means that there is over 2.5 gallons in the reserve.

I was worried because I've been getting an SES light for an Evaporitive Emissions Control Leak and thought the problem with my tank not filling all the way had something to do with it. Like some sort of venting issue. But now that I know the gauge needle is just off, the issue is probably the damn gas cap.