View Full Version : Turbo kits for 8th gens

Boostedgalant56
09-25-2005, 05:06 AM
Recently i have moved to atlanta and evey person ive talked to wants a turbo kit. So im thinking about makeing kits. If i did i would make 2 kits one using the side mount intercooler and one useing a front mount. for the side mount id use the 1st gen eclipse intercooler and for the front mount id use the evo 7 or 8 intercooler. how much would yall be willing to pay for the side mount kit and front mount. i was thinking about 400-500 for side mount kits and about 650-750 for front mount kits. If you want to see the side mount kit look for the pics of my car. if at least 5 people want them ill start making the kits.

GreyGoose01
09-25-2005, 08:48 AM
what parts would be coming with the kit :?:
because i would be very much interested in getting a front mount :!:

Jet Black
09-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Do you have a link to your cars pics? I wondering how you managed to fit the 1st gen side mount. I have a side mount lying around, though from what I could tell (V6) its a super tight fit, and it hangs about 1" below the bottom of the car.

PR8GG
09-25-2005, 01:16 PM
This would be for the V6 or the 4I?

I am interested, if you make one for the 4I :wink:

theblackpearl
09-25-2005, 02:08 PM
id be interested in the front mount kit

GOOSEY2099
09-25-2005, 02:36 PM
I'd be interested for the front mount kits

Stewi
09-25-2005, 03:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boostedgalant56)</div><div class='quotemain'>Recently i have moved to atlanta and evey person ive talked to wants a turbo kit. So im thinking about makeing kits. If i did i would make 2 kits one using the side mount intercooler and one useing a front mount. for the side mount id use the 1st gen eclipse intercooler and for the front mount id use the evo 7 or 8 intercooler. how much would yall be willing to pay for the side mount kit and front mount. i was thinking about 400-500 for side mount kits and about 650-750 for front mount kits. If you want to see the side mount kit look for the pics of my car. if at least 5 people want them ill start making the kits.</div>

How would you be able to make a "front mount kit" wihtout acutally designing or at least knowing which turbo set up was being used. I see you put about "650-750" for front mount, so that leads me to believe this is an intercooler kit and not an actual turbo kit. Your going to have to overcome alot of variables like V6 or I4, which front bumper are people using, which turbo, which manifold, where can they fit the BOV on their application. There are a TON of variables. Also for your choice of an EVO intercooler, you can get better intercoolers, for less money. How would you use EVO intercoolers??? Buy them used??? because they are like 700 from mitsu. The EVO intercooler is an extruded tube and fin design which doesnt flow as good or cool as effectively as a bar and plate intercooler. You can get a nice bar and plate intercooler from Precision turbo and engine for like $300 then you can fab the pipes. You also need to factor in space, can you keep the the stock crash bar, can you keep the stock fog lights. I can tell you from my own personal experience fabbing my own pipes that its gonna be nearly impossible to keep the fog lights. Im not trying to "hate" on your idea, im just letting you know there is ALOT to go into it and let people, your potential customers know what they will have to modify or give up, to make it work

GreyGoose01
09-25-2005, 03:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boostedgalant56)</div><div class='quotemain'>Recently i have moved to atlanta and evey person ive talked to wants a turbo kit. So im thinking about makeing kits. If i did i would make 2 kits one using the side mount intercooler and one useing a front mount. for the side mount id use the 1st gen eclipse intercooler and for the front mount id use the evo 7 or 8 intercooler. how much would yall be willing to pay for the side mount kit and front mount. i was thinking about 400-500 for side mount kits and about 650-750 for front mount kits. If you want to see the side mount kit look for the pics of my car. if at least 5 people want them ill start making the kits.</div>

How would you be able to make a "front mount kit" wihtout acutally designing or at least knowing which turbo set up was being used. I see you put about "650-750" for front mount, so that leads me to believe this is an intercooler kit and not an actual turbo kit. Your going to have to overcome alot of variables like V6 or I4, which front bumper are people using, which turbo, which manifold, where can they fit the BOV on their application. There are a TON of variables. Also for your choice of an EVO intercooler, you can get better intercoolers, for less money. How would you use EVO intercoolers??? Buy them used??? because they are like 700 from mitsu. The EVO intercooler is an extruded tube and fin design which doesnt flow as good or cool as effectively as a bar and plate intercooler. You can get a nice bar and plate intercooler from Precision turbo and engine for like $300 then you can fab the pipes. You also need to factor in space, can you keep the the stock crash bar, can you keep the stock fog lights. I can tell you from my own personal experience fabbing my own pipes that its gonna be nearly impossible to keep the fog lights. Im not trying to "hate" on your idea, im just letting you know there is ALOT to go into it and let people, your potential customers know what they will have to modify or give up, to make it work</div>

guess i didnt think about all that stuff, maybe b/c i didnt know it was THAT complicated. but it sounds like STEWI needs to make my turbo setup https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Stewi
09-25-2005, 03:42 PM
LOL. I thought about making 8G turbo kits a while back. The porblem isnt making the kit but its finding the right set up to make it work without damaging your motor

Boostedgalant56
09-25-2005, 05:02 PM
this would only be the intercooler piping and only the I4. As far as the other things you would need: small are big 16g, stainless steel oil line, fuel pump ( 255 ), BOV ( blow off valve ), 450 cc injectors form 1st gen talon, the ristor packs for the injectors, and the 12 to 1 fmu, 1st or 2nd eclipse turbo mainfold, and custom down pipe. With the 16g turbo the wastegate is set at 12 psi. all you need to do to change it to 7 are 8 psi is open the wasteate and cut the spring about. Make sure there is around 3/4ths left of the waste gate. the only really hard thing is the oil to the turbo and oil return. i will take pics of how its done. I have a friend with a v-6 galant and ill take a look at doing that kit too.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/boostedgalant/remaJDSpWRwtIa6z0qY6267tVIu8xfS301E.jpg
this is my fuel set up for now an fmu and a extra fuel pump
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/boostedgalant/hb0z7wdBgOdt-89PxoF7u47bQP-alEGf01E.jpg
small 16g at 7.5 psi

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/boostedgalant/EeqcAgWl-1-991PZWz6XlgrYifVuMuFx01E.jpg
side mount intecooler

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/boostedgalant/EeqcAgWl-1-991PZWz6XlgrYifVuMuFx01E.jpg
the pipeing for the side mount kit

Stewi
09-25-2005, 06:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boostedgalant56)</div><div class='quotemain'>this would only be the intercooler piping and only the I4. As far as the other things you would need: small are big 16g, stainless steel oil line, fuel pump ( 255 ), BOV ( blow off valve ), 450 cc injectors form 1st gen talon, the ristor packs for the injectors, and the 12 to 1 fmu, 1st or 2nd eclipse turbo mainfold, and custom down pipe. With the 16g turbo the wastegate is set at 12 psi. all you need to do to change it to 7 are 8 psi is open the wasteate and cut the spring about. Make sure there is around 3/4ths left of the waste gate. the only really hard thing is the oil to the turbo and oil return. i will take pics of how its done. I have a friend with a v-6 galant and ill take a look at doing that kit too.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/boostedgalant/remaJDSpWRwtIa6z0qY6267tVIu8xfS301E.jpg
this is my fuel set up for now an fmu and a extra fuel pump
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/boostedgalant/hb0z7wdBgOdt-89PxoF7u47bQP-alEGf01E.jpg
small 16g at 7.5 psi

side mount intecooler

the pipeing for the side mount kit</div>

see thats what I was saying, with your side mount kit you loose the driver side foglight, with a FMIC you prolly lose both. And for you to market this type of kit everyone who is going to use it would have to use the turbo that your basing the kit off of which is a 16g. People with a JDM bumper would most likely not want this because they may have to either trim the bumper or loose the foglight. I know my bumper without the foglights looks kinda silly. Its a good idea, your on the right track but if I were you I wouldnt make a bunch of these kits, I would do it on a case by case basis for people who request it because you cant expect everyone who goes turbo to do it with the same setup

seth98esT
09-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Well I bet 90% of i4 8gers who do go turbo will use some sort of mitsu turbo. And it wouldnt be too hard to modify the piping to hook up to a bigger non-mitsu or a hybrid turbo. And people who want to go turbo and want to keep their fogs, well then this kit isnt for them. I wouldnt worry about people not wanting to cut into the backs of their bumpers, no matter what you get FMIC or SMIC, you more then likely will have to, but its not hard and doesnt look bad so...

But one thing Boostedgalant56, why in the world are you running a 12:1 FMU? You really should not be running one, you are more then likely getting way too much fuel pressure under boost. Swap it out for an Aermotive AFPR. Only cars I have seen that use FMUs are Hondas.

Boostedgalant56
09-25-2005, 10:00 PM
i havent had a chance to change the injectors. Im planing on geting the 450cc out of a 1st gen talon and using the greddy e-manage to tune them.

peanotation
09-25-2005, 10:38 PM
you can get 450cc injectors from either the 1g or 2g turbo. also get rid of the FMU and use a afpr