PDA

View Full Version : Cigerette Lighter

BEAST
10-17-2002, 11:42 AM
I am about to try and install this thing for the second time now. I bought my car without one accually in the spot for it so I have to put it in. The first time I tried I had a hella hard time and got really frustrated. Anyone know of an easy way to do this?

TJC
10-17-2002, 11:58 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am about to try and install this thing for the second time now. Â*I bought my car without on accually in the spot for it so I have to put it in. Â*The first time I tried I had a hella hard time and got really frustrated. Â*Anyone know of an easy way to do this?</div>

I'm not sure what you're looking at here but a cig. ltr. should just take a 12-volt source. The positive should go to the center contact in the lighter socket and the edge is the ground. All you have to do is run a 12-volt fused source to it.

If you need to make the hole to put the lighter in, make sure you measure the diameter carefully and I'd find a way to mark a circle on where you want it. Then I drill a big whole and route out the width of the hole until I get close to the marking of the circle. Don't rush this step and keep trying the fitment of the lighter until it's perfect and tight to the fit.

Good luck.

BIGLOU75
10-17-2002, 10:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am about to try and install this thing for the second time now. Â*I bought my car without on accually in the spot for it so I have to put it in. Â*The first time I tried I had a hella hard time and got really frustrated. Â*Anyone know of an easy way to do this?</div>

What the hell did he say?!??!?? :? :? :?

LOL https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

BEAST
10-19-2002, 12:32 AM
I got a hole for a cigerette lighter, but when I bought the G the lighter itself wasn't connected and was in the glove box. I got my subs installed a few months ago and I think that they taped the 12V wire up to the rest of the wires back in the console. I couldn't find it and had a hard time looking for it because I couldn't get the main plastic side cover off. I could get the bottom smaller one off but not the big main one. Anyone know how to take if off?

laosboyroy
10-22-2002, 06:18 PM
just get a new one and hide it so only u can use it all it needs is a pos and neg dont it get a new one https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

queball
10-22-2002, 10:50 PM
I am about to try and install this thing for the second time now. I bought my car without on accually in the spot for it so I have to put it in. The first time I tried I had a hella hard time and got really frustrated. Anyone know of an easy way to do this?

What the hell did he say?!??!?? :? :? :?

LOL https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif
Thats exactly what im saying WHAT the hell did he say??

BEAST
11-10-2002, 10:58 PM
Well thanks to unclesteve here at TGC for helping me get my 12V outlet put in. I made the mistake of trying to go in from the side when I should have just gone in from the front like I was putting in a new head unit.