PDA

View Full Version : No Heat

SkylineG1
09-29-2005, 07:35 PM
I tried out my heat for the first time since last winter and all I got when I turned it on was cold air. I turned the 1st dial to the red position and then made sure that the a/c button was not lit. But still all I got was cold air. I let it run for a while thinking that it just needed to heat up a little. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks guys.

manybrews
09-30-2005, 05:09 PM
do a search.

you have a failed heater shut off motor, more than likely (unless youre low on coolant).

SkylineG1
09-30-2005, 08:09 PM
do a search.

you have a failed heater shut off motor, more than likely (unless youre low on coolant).

Did the search and found what you posted earlier. Thanks I'll go to the dealership tomorrow.

Girlieracer323
10-13-2005, 02:47 PM
I am not sure if you got the heat fixed yet but that happened to me and it was a cable back behind the heat controls that snapped and it cost adout 100.00 to get fixed at the dealership. Make sure that they fixed it right the first time because I have a appointment tomorrow to get it fixed agian. I have a 99 Galant Es V6. Let me know if that was the problem.

Brittany

pinoyesv6
10-13-2005, 02:49 PM
how much was the cable?? 10 bucks with 90 bucks labor??

SkylineG1
11-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Funny enough the heat came back. Never did anything to it.

manybrews
11-29-2005, 03:29 PM
so, then you definatly have a failing heater shut off motor.

Ikudni
11-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Same prob. heat was ambient at best. Did a radiator flush.. took it for a 30 minute spin, turn on the recirc.. and then the heat really pumped seems to be working fine now.

chbuzz
11-29-2005, 08:18 PM
I am not sure if you got the heat fixed yet but that happened to me and it was a cable back behind the heat controls that snapped and it cost adout 100.00 to get fixed at the dealership. Make sure that they fixed it right the first time because I have a appointment tomorrow to get it fixed agian. I have a 99 Galant Es V6. Let me know if that was the problem.

Brittany :evil: satan at its finest :evil:

SkylineG1
12-01-2005, 09:36 AM

Is that the same part know as the "INSIDE/OUTSIDE CHANGE OVER DAMPER MOTOR" in the service manual?

ChikagoGTZ
12-01-2005, 09:51 AM
I believe it is located inside the air box under the passenger side dash. It is a ceramic sensor with a large plug. I unplugged mine ones and had the same effect you are reporting here.

Dave

manybrews
12-01-2005, 04:31 PM

Is that the same part know as the "INSIDE/OUTSIDE CHANGE OVER DAMPER MOTOR" in the service manual?
nope. thats the fresh air/recirc motor.

manybrews
12-01-2005, 04:33 PM
I believe it is located inside the air box under the passenger side dash. It is a ceramic sensor with a large plug. I unplugged mine ones and had the same effect you are reporting here.

Dave

theres no ceramic sensor for this. You sound like you have unplugged the blower resistor, as its the only thing in that area thats made of ceramic.

its a small electric motor located on the heater core piping. You need to remove the glove box and look up and left to see it, and if you dont know what youre looking for most people will probably not find it.
heres a disassemble pic.
http://home.mn.rr.com/hartsstuff/shutoff.JPG

SkylineG1
03-22-2006, 09:15 PM
<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>I'VE GOT MY HEAT BACK!!!!!</span>
I after having warm air all winter, I was driving down to NYC and moved the heat control to the warm air part. But the contoller wouldn't move past the heat area. Finally I decided to just pull the whole lower part of the dash off and find that damn motor. Guess what? I don't have one. I know that manybrews said that that was my problem but I moved everything and I didn't see one. Anyway I started to look at the heater controls and mess with iit a little and I realised that when I switch from hot to cold the white lever close to the gas pedal wouldn't move. Then I saw that the heater control cable has a metal tab on it that's supposed to fit right into a slot on the back of the control housing. And that's that, heat baby and a lot of it. Sorry I was so long winded with this.