PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a good upholstery place?

glinx1
10-17-2002, 03:07 PM
Does anyone know of where I can get my driver seat re-upholstered in the Los Angeles area? I am a smoker and burned two little holes in my driver seat and I can't stand looking at it. Plus I have the tan interior so it really stands out. I see a lot of auto upholstery places around, but I want them to match it exactly right. So if anyone can recomend one, please let me know....Thanks
Linx

speedygalant
10-17-2002, 03:50 PM
wow, it is very hard to match an interior when only replacing one chair. your best bet would be to go to a junkyard. i had the same problem with my galant on the driver side. no one could match it unless i replaced the whole thing. but mine was grey. i don;t know about the tan. do what i did and start calling junkyards to see if they have any cars with your year and interior. good luck on this one cause it will take a while to find the right one.

Dominicano
10-17-2002, 08:02 PM
i have a set of tan seat covers i took them off to install my leather, i would like to sell the whole set except the door panel part, if you want pictures let me know, the install is easy and i would include an installation tool.

Black2k1GTZ
10-17-2002, 10:33 PM
I wouldnt think it would be a problwem finding a re-trim place in LA. Check out the yellow pages...Im sure its full of them...now if you were talking almost anywhere else I could see there being a problem...but not in LA.

There is also a company that setup a group buy for us a while back...I beleive it was a company called Katzkin. Check the web for a site...I beleive it will be www.katzkin.com ('http://www.katzkin.com'). They have several 2 color kits...and some really sweet looking stuff as I remember!! It's basically a direct replacement for your oem leather/cloth interior!!

Marc :mg: