PDA

View Full Version : Auto Tranny Swap

know_fun
10-06-2005, 03:09 PM
i've been asking shops to do my tranny swap but some wont do it and many are just extremely overpriced. I have a f4a33 tranny (2g fwd turbo) with tcu. i've been doing lots of searching and there isn't to much info. but from what i gathered the f4a33 will fit with our torque convertor. does any1 have info on installing trannies? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif i'm gonna somewhat use peano's diy and a service manual (hopefully if this works a translab shift kit and ipt end clutch is gonna follow)

peanotation
10-06-2005, 04:43 PM
its an automatic? it should fit with no problems, but i've seen some threads on dsmtuners with people swapping automatics, just not into galants obviously. just follow the tutorial up until the removal of the automatic, and just go in the reverse for putting the new one in

bronxbombr
10-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Yo P, has anyone ever figured out how to get the reverse lights to work after doing the 5spd swap? I have the wiring diagram for it but still kinda tricky to understand.

peanotation
10-09-2005, 01:07 PM
there's got to be wires in the auto harness that can be spliced into the reverse sensor. i still havn't hooked mine up yet, planning on just hooking up a small switch in case i need to go in reverse with a cop near by, i'd get pulled over so fast if i didn't have the lights on

bronxbombr
10-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Ya so far to my understanding the wires on the Nuetral Safety Switch for the Auto are red/green and red/blue. For the M/T its the red/blu to the red/blue wire.

Im gonna scan the page and post a pic for your knowledge.

bronxbombr
10-09-2005, 06:23 PM
I went over the diagram again and it look like on the Neutral Safety Switch that the red/grn(red) wire is for the Park and for reverse its the red/blu wire so i guess from the Auto you would need to find the red/blu and connect it to the M/T red wire on the back up switch.

Still im gonna post a pick so you can see what im talking about, but if you got a Haynes manual or FSM look in the Chassis electrical part in the upper right hand corner of the diagram to see what im reffering to.

bronxbombr
10-09-2005, 09:40 PM
heres the pic i was talking about, the red line indicates the wires color codes that i am talking about, starting from the bottom right of the page on up to the top right which is marked in red border.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/bronxbombr/wire.jpg

Blue Ice
10-09-2005, 10:56 PM
I knew one day someone would find the answer to this problem!!! WTG bronx. now i just need to do the swap :roll:

bronxbombr
10-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Ya now all we need is someone who did the swap to try it out and see if i am right.

bronxbombr
10-10-2005, 04:29 PM
I guess it was a waste of time and very pointless for me to have gotten around to scanning in that diagram, if no one is gonna use it then i guess i can take it off the page. Peono you should save a copy of the pic for yourself since you seem to be the only one interested in this at this time.

know_fun
10-10-2005, 04:30 PM
not pointless bcuz ne information is good information

peanotation
10-10-2005, 08:28 PM
i checked it out this morning before class real quick, and i just now sat down to look it over more thoroughly. i have the service manual and i have the same page in mine, it's just a little different though.

bronxbombr
10-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Ya i figure that the plug that goes to the A/T has all the wiring right there.

bronxbombr
11-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Update>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The green/balck wire from your clutch pedal goes to the green/black wires at the A/T neutral safety switch wires. This is for those that have done the swap and still want a way to start the car while engaging the clucth pedal down.

So you would need to extend these wires from the clutch pedal switch thru the firewall to the wiring up front, while your there hook up the reverse light switch at the same time.

One thing bout Mitsu's, they like to keep things plain simple and change things very little thru the years.