PDA

View Full Version : bodykit question

2kgalant
10-07-2005, 04:03 PM
for all of you guys who have the Cyber Type 2 Kit....how was the fitment on your rear bumper? Is the kit just suppose to wrap around the rear quarter panels of the car? You see, the last shop that did my car ended up cutting my rear bumper and trying to mold it....but that shit ended up cracking. Sadly, i had to order a new rear bumper. I want to do it right this time around. Any tips? Experiences?

SinSere
10-07-2005, 04:16 PM
I don't have the Cyber 2 kit, but from what I've seen, it should just replace your front and rear bumpers. You may have to trim the bumper if it overlaps, but it shouldn't. Should be able to just remove the old bumpers and install the new with minimal issues. Its a pretty common kit now and all the issues should be resolved by now and fitment should be good.

mrjaydeeone
10-07-2005, 05:23 PM
check this link
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=39673 ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=39673')
that is my car, I have the kit you are speaking of
my kit when it was installed they put a glue behind the back bumper to help hold and seal it to the quarter panels, and it is screwed into the wheel well
you can see on page 2 where they have touched up where the bumper is attached. I was urged not to mold my back bumper, cause if I got into an accident *knock on wood* it would end up turning out worse then if the bumper wasnt molded

low sittin 8g
10-07-2005, 07:16 PM
<--- fit fine on my car

2kgalant
10-08-2005, 05:54 AM
just curious...how much trouble is it for the bodyshop to remove my kit if it was molded in some areas? thing is, i am fixing the rear of course. but i have also ordered new side skirts too because the idiot at the bodyshop made them look ugly. So basically, i am planning on redoing the side skirts and the rear bumper. How hard of a job is this going to be for the bodyshop?

chbuzz
10-08-2005, 06:08 PM
just curious...how much trouble is it for the bodyshop to remove my kit if it was molded in some areas? thing is, i am fixing the rear of course. but i have also ordered new side skirts too because the idiot at the bodyshop made them look ugly. So basically, i am planning on redoing the side skirts and the rear bumper. How hard of a job is this going to be for the bodyshop?it won't be hard at all. They tear off what they can and grind the rest off. They use grinders w/40 grit that will go thru about anything that is left after they pull off the old molding. If you do decide to mold the rear bump; to do it right you HAVE to make it "permanant" otherwise it will end up cracking... bowing etc. There is a special glue that adheres fiberglass to metel. It was epensive like $30 a caulking sized tube but its the stuff you need to make it work... plus screws to reinforce it then ground down of course. but yeah bodyshops can do about anything to your car its just if they want to take the time to do it right rather than whats the quickest.... thats why I did most my own stuff 8)

2kgalant
10-08-2005, 06:52 PM
hey thanks man....yeah, i don't think ill be molding anything this time around, too much headache. in the mean time, all i can do is wait for my damn bodykit to come in, sucks living in hawaii!!! All i can say is that this has been a learning experience for me, ill know how to do it right the first time around next time.

blownoffvavle
11-14-2005, 12:02 AM
for all of you guys who have the Cyber Type 2 Kit....how was the fitment on your rear bumper? Is the kit just suppose to wrap around the rear quarter panels of the car? You see, the last shop that did my car ended up cutting my rear bumper and trying to mold it....but that shit ended up cracking. Sadly, i had to order a new rear bumper. I want to do it right this time around. Any tips? Experiences?

Oh my.. you got the JDM one.. if you want the USDM one. I have a few. If you want pictures on the fitment of the kit. I'll post them on this thread. Enjoy. Again the rear bumpers are brand new.

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/6700/rear13by.jpg

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/2745/r99mcb2usdmrb18vs.jpg

Production of these USDM bumpers have very high quality control. Everything fits just right.

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/7637/r99mcb2usdmrb23ve.jpg

bluediamonds
11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
they fit so nice. mine went on nice without any modification at all. the only thing I had done was the body shop screwed the aprons into the side of my car and fiberglassed over it. they look real good after. almost like it's supposed to be there.

jusmills
11-14-2005, 10:27 AM
blownoffvalve/blue diamonds...where did you get your USDM fitting kits from? Price? Thanks

bluediamonds
11-14-2005, 10:30 AM
mines actually a jdm but I recently bought a VRG grill and had the front grill part modded so that I can put a grill there. I got mine from ebay. but go check out www.racerwheel.com thats where I got my rear bumper. they have good prices and good fitment.

Danger DANJ
11-14-2005, 10:44 PM
blownoffvalve/blue diamonds...where did you get your USDM fitting kits from? Price? Thanks
blownoffvalve sells them, among other parts.

IceDouTGaLanT
11-14-2005, 10:52 PM
question?

When u install a kit do you only screw in from the sides? like im looking at peoples kits install jobs and i never seen an screw like goign threw the back bumper, do you only screw it in from the back? like i kno on the side skirts use like 4 screws at the end of each beam, but for like the front n back where do i screw it? just near the wheels or infront of the kit also..

blownoffvavle
11-14-2005, 10:59 PM
they fit so nice. mine went on nice without any modification at all. the only thing I had done was the body shop screwed the aprons into the side of my car and fiberglassed over it. they look real good after. almost like it's supposed to be there.

I have a local manufacturer producing these. Only the rear is available the front and sides are lost somewhere. But I have the standard front and sides like any other place.

fatal1
11-15-2005, 04:19 PM
on the front there should be lips you may need to mod your crashbar however

but... anyway on the front you go under the car fit the kit with someone else and when its right predeill the holes and BOLT it on from underneeth a few tips though you either need to remove your winshield wiper fluid or have a really long extension for your drill cus that is the only pain on mine i have 2 bolts on each side

i also put screws under the headlights so you cannot see them

i am having the rear and sides professionally installed because i am having the sides molded and my rear is 3 pieces so i am going to have them mold that together

i have the cyber 1 kit though but it is the same on both for the front

02on19s
11-15-2005, 10:20 PM
My back bumper suxed TERRIBLY!..It wouldnt fit for shit - hopefully it will be getting molded in soon 8) 8)

Niytrus
11-15-2005, 10:37 PM
My back bumper suxed TERRIBLY!..It wouldnt fit for shit - hopefully it will be getting molded in soon 8) 8)

Yeah mine was horrible as well, but I expected that and had it molded.

chbuzz
11-15-2005, 10:46 PM
on the back you only want to use screws in the wheel well area and at the taillight area and the lip that meets the trunk needs a few screws . If your molding you can use screws where needed on (outside) cus there going to get ground down below surface of the kit then filled with fiberglass bondo. then sanded of course.