PDA

View Full Version : S7 guages question

UAL Tripple 7
10-08-2005, 11:18 AM
I purchased a set of the S7 guages for my 2001 Galant. I have read a few post about how the guages are dim using the power inverter that they come with. Has this been the problem with everyones guages? I am asking because I would like to try the stock inverter first, but if it's a given that they will be dim with it I might as well buy a new one and install it all at the same time.

Thanks
Regan

TexasMade
10-08-2005, 12:03 PM
mine are not that dim with the stock converter, there easy to see and read. but compared to pics of what there like with a different converter they are dim. the install only takes 15-20 min so i'd try the one it came with and if your not happy get a new one. swapping it out wont be a big deal.

UAL Tripple 7
10-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks Texasmade. I just purchased the inverter from speedhut since it was pretty cheap. I figure I will use it first and use the stock one as a backup when the other one dies.

leth4lproductions
10-08-2005, 12:18 PM
i had mine for about 2 years now and the stock inverter went.. i purchased an inverter that MrJayDeeOne had a group buy for and they look great.. plus it has a diamond logo that lights up. To me it was definately worth the 20 bucks.

pinoyesv6
10-08-2005, 12:33 PM
yea. my factoiry inverter was nice and bright. but over time the inverters start to dim slowly. doesn't matter the brand or where u got it from but thats what happens. and eventually it just blows it.