PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm Brake Dust.

Calipso
10-17-2002, 10:13 PM
I got a good question. I got an extreme ammount of brake dust coming from the front. Just wondering is it time for new brake pads? I got a 2001 ES with 40,000k on it. I drove from Virginia to Boston, MA alot. But now I'm out of the military and have plenty of time for my car.

-Calipso

Prophet
10-17-2002, 10:26 PM
You must have been one of the lucky ones to have brake pads that lasted 40,000. Mine only got to 20,000 before I had to change them.

Jason

RedGalant2k1
10-18-2002, 02:27 AM
You can visually inspect your brake pads, there is a metal tab/clip that helps to hold the pads on it also serves as a wear indicator. if its noticeably worn well that answers your question. At 40,000 miles? i'd say its a good bet they need replacing.

pinoyesv6
10-20-2002, 05:04 PM
the OEM pads do produce alot of brake dust but does not necisarily mean that you need to replace them. like dave said, the pads have an indicator that tells u when new ones are needed or when you look, how lose they are to being need to replace.

uhm you can change them to aftermarket. some aftermarket ones produce less dust than oem

if they are still new or soemthing, you can always polish the wheels and the dust won't stick as much...