PDA

View Full Version : Headers mainly for sound

chromed_out_galant
10-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Hey everyone. I just wanted to get some opinions on good headers to get for a real nice sound. I have a Megan Catback Exhaust. I want it to be deep and low, but sound like it has some power.

4g63lover
10-16-2005, 12:44 AM
y look for something that makes it sound like it has power? why not make it that it actually makes power? IMO try to look into the DC Sports header. I put it onto my old lude and it made a sound diff'rence. dont know about G's tho. it'll definitely add power tho.

krispy03
10-16-2005, 02:46 AM
i have the dc sport header on now, but i prefered the obx header "sound".
the DC kind of gives off a buzz sound like a hatch, the obx didnt.

chromed_out_galant
10-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Yea... as of right now I am starting not to like my exhaust... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif I liked it at first, but as it stays on longer, the sound is changing... when I have the silencer on, it sounds like a bumble bee and there is too much backpressure so it makes the car ride crappy and when the silencer is off, it is way too loud and sounds ricy. Gives me a headache... I am so frustrated b/c every time i try to get a mod, it always back fires and I end up loosing. I am hoping that headers will help, but I am not sure... what will it sound like? Anyone have a sound clip or something?

theblackpearl
10-18-2005, 06:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have the dc sport header on now, but i prefered the obx header "sound".
the DC kind of gives off a buzz sound like a hatch, the obx didnt.</div>

man my obx makes my car sound way buzzy! i was talkin to someone and he said it gets that ricey sound or popping sound whichever you hear from unburned gas(burning rich) im not sure if this is what causes the infamous wrasp or not though.

Jet Black
10-18-2005, 06:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theblackpearl)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have the dc sport header on now, but i prefered the obx header "sound".
the DC kind of gives off a buzz sound like a hatch, the obx didnt.</div>

man my obx makes my car sound way buzzy! i was talkin to someone and he said it gets that ricey sound or popping sound whichever you hear from unburned gas(burning rich) im not sure if this is what causes the infamous wrasp or not though.</div>

Ya your car buzzes like crazy. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

theblackpearl
10-18-2005, 06:20 PM
its kinda fast though..lol

chromed_out_galant
10-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Yea, mine is buzzing. Sounds like a bee... I don't like that at all. I want it to be deep. And it does that popping shit too :evil:

theblackpearl
10-18-2005, 06:35 PM
the popping should be due to burning rich...i think.. maybe a management tool like a afc or something could allow you to tune your a/f ratio so that it evens out, possibly reducing the buzz and pop. other than that id say just deal with it..something ive done for awhile now, burning a little rich has some minor advantages..lol

chromed_out_galant
10-18-2005, 06:39 PM
well what about headers? How much of a sound difference will there be?

theblackpearl
10-18-2005, 06:49 PM
well in my case my header gave me the popping sound..without it my car sounds awesoe IMO... with it i get ricey but it helps with my n2o so i dont mind it...sounds a lot better from outside the car also..have one of your friends drive youre car around while you stand outside it...

chromed_out_galant
10-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Could it possibly be tha I don't have any other mods also?

theblackpearl
10-18-2005, 06:59 PM
no i doubt it..just the way the exhaust was made, size of the piping, and so on...not much you can do about it...

GreyGoose01
10-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Jay - MrJaydeeone has a "GORGEOUS" sound. it's puuurrrrrrrfect https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

chromed_out_galant
10-19-2005, 03:31 PM
how did he get it? What's his setup?

DryBear
10-19-2005, 04:00 PM
how did he get it? What's his setup?

Do you have an intake? If you are looking for sound then you'll want an intake.

chromed_out_galant
10-19-2005, 05:40 PM
I had one... it got all messed up and I am getin a new one soon. I heard your intake in the sound clip. Sounds real nice. You got a magnaflow tho... mine is Megan Racing.