PDA

View Full Version : Weird a$$ noise coming from drivers front!.....

00GTZ00
10-18-2002, 07:28 AM
When I turn on the car, Hold the brake and put the car in eaither reverse or drive a get a squeaking sound. When I am driving and hit the accelerator or the brake I get the same "squeaking" sound. I think that it may be one of the motor mounts. The front roll stop was loose so I fixed that. Does anyone else know what it may be? TIA

BlueESV6
10-18-2002, 02:21 PM
squeaking like a belt squeal maybe? need more info

00GTZ00
10-18-2002, 02:24 PM
No Not a belt, The sound is definitly on the drivers side. And it sounds a little like rubber rubbing metal...

BlueESV6
10-18-2002, 02:33 PM
Try shifting into gear with your hood up. I would think the engine would definitely "rock" if motor mount was bad. Also give it a little gas... if the engine really moves the mount may be the problem... just a guess though...

00GTZ00
10-18-2002, 04:04 PM
I think it is the driverside motor mount. We will see....I opened the hood and it sounded like the motor mount. I am going to take it apart tomorrow morning..

speedygalant
10-18-2002, 04:26 PM
i had the same noise. do this, with your car off, bump your bumper and if you hear it do it again. just smack your bumper with your knees or hands. i suspect it's one of the clamps that are suppose to hold your bumper at the bottom. i had mine loose and was making a funny ass noise. it's most definately that. it happened to me when i parked my car onto a bumper stopper. i hope this helps. and i hope i am right.