PDA

View Full Version : Which motor mounts to get

Dominicano
10-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Ok so I need to replace all four motor mounts like the dealer told me. So i am looking at my options. deyeme racing and the inserts from energy( or anything else anyone wants to add)

I currently have a light vibration when idle and foot on break while in drive, and the annoying hum inside the cabin. I want to eliminate both. I was reading on the 3g forum and really i can't come to a conlusion on which on to go to. One member says his vibration got worst when he installed the rear one from Deyeme and another member says its the same. I am trying to get a clear answer. This is my daily driver and I want to feel comfortable in my car with out all these noises. I would really like to stay away from stock and all the hollow areas in the mounts really concern me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

seth98esT
10-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Well if your mount is bad then it would vibrate. Getting new ones would only make it better. I only have the driverside prothane mount installed, but there isnt any vibration so far.

DOHCstunr
10-25-2005, 09:53 AM
well thats you only option
stock, poly urethane,
or stuffing your existing ones with tissue paper
i hve the front and rear inserts installed on mine and i don't notice a different invibration. except only when the car is idleing below 850.
which i doubt yours will ever do if its not highly modified like mine.

from what i've seen aftermarket poly moutns are much much cheaperr than a set of new ones from the dealer

i plan to upgrade to all 4 poly mounts from prothane very soon. and i really don't think the vibration will bother me at all, cause it will be miniml at best. not all harsh an dintrusive like you might think.

i do know for a fact that energy suspension are softer than prothane if thats a concern of yours

pinoyesv6
10-25-2005, 09:56 AM
prothane will replace all 4 mounts.

im in the same boat as you.

im probably gona shoot for deyeme since i can't find a press thats near.

but yea, the prothane mounts are much cheaper. they're like 100 bucks compared to 300 for the deyeme.

if you do get the deyeme mounts, get the ones with the flex sides since people say that reduces the chances of vibration compared to having the stiff sides.

Dominicano
10-25-2005, 10:07 AM
getting the flex side is a must. Deyeme themselves said that the front and the rear don't emit vibration unless it was installed incorrectly. Which i tend to aggee because the sides is reall whats holding the weight the front and rear are roll stoppers so if you car is idle it should not be coming from there right?

shiznit013
11-02-2005, 10:47 PM
I used energy suspension front and rear inserts, and I love them. The car does vibrate a good deal when I'm at idle, but it's just enough to be enjoyable, not a nuissance. I haven't noticed any wheel hop since the install, and my shifts feel cleaner. When I used to pull the car out of park, the engine would swing pretty wildly, now it hardly moves. I think that the extra vibration is far outweighed by the benefits... and yes, this is my daily driver.

DOHCstunr
11-02-2005, 10:58 PM
prothane will replace all 4 mounts.

im in the same boat as you.

im probably gona shoot for deyeme since i can't find a press thats near.

but yea, the prothane mounts are much cheaper. they're like 100 bucks compared to 300 for the deyeme.

if you do get the deyeme mounts, get the ones with the flex sides since people say that reduces the chances of vibration compared to having the stiff sides.
press isnt nessesary for the mounts actually
all you do is cut out the old rubber with a dremmel or a sazall, then use a hacksaw or a sawzall to cut a through the very thin metal sleeve that sorrounds the stock bushing. then you pry it out.

after that, the prothane bushings will just pop right into your mounts. they are all 2 piece, so you can literally just grease them a little, then stand on the bushings to slide them in.

Dominicano
11-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Well i decided to go with the stock mounts, too many uncertenties at this moment its my daily driver and i a can not take the chance of getting more vibration. So I will keep the old mounts and when i get another car i will install the energy inserts. Hopefully by that time they will have the full set to replace all the bushings in the car.