PDA

View Full Version : got two new questions on calipers and on back wheel noise!

juan18_c
10-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Hey people i got two questions

1) Im hearing this CLANK noise when I ride around in my g lant for a a while n the calipers and pads get hot n when im gonna stop if i come to a complete stop, and then go on reverse n brake i will hear the loud noise Clank!, n then if i put it on Drive whithout stepping on the brake n then i break after like a foot i will hera it again. What gives with my brakes?

2) when im at high speeds like 60mph and up i hear in the rear part of the cabin a noise that seems to come from the tires or the rotations inside the rods that make the wheels spin (sorry im not that good of a mechanic , in fact I suck , bare with me!) and this crap is making so much noise that my interior aint that quiet no more lolololol. any advise? Will dinamat wrap around help in any case dampen the noise?

pinoyesv6
10-25-2005, 12:13 PM
1) Im hearing this CLANK noise when I ride around in my g lant for a a while n the calipers and pads get hot n when im gonna stop if i come to a complete stop, and then go on reverse n brake i will hear the loud noise Clank!, n then if i put it on Drive whithout stepping on the brake n then i break after like a foot i will hera it again. What gives with my brakes?

sound like its one or more of your mounts have gone back. i say remove the battery and its tray and look at the transmission mount. its probably shot like the one on the right

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/4918/dsc007379my.jpg

2) when im at high speeds like 60mph and up i hear in the rear part of the cabin a noise that seems to come from the tires or the rotations inside the rods that make the wheels spin (sorry im not that good of a mechanic , in fact I suck , bare with me!) and this crap is making so much noise that my interior aint that quiet no more lolololol. any advise? Will dinamat wrap around help in any case dampen the noise?

there is no rod that makes the rear wheels spin. your car is a front wheel drive car so only contact with the ground makes your rear wheels spin

dinamat might help dampen the noise but you first have to figure out where the noise is coming from and if you can wrap it, or if you need to replace a part.

FRCFD6
10-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Hey people i got two questions

is it a humming noise? if it is, your wheelbearing could be goin out

FRCFD6
10-25-2005, 12:56 PM
the clanking noise could come from your caliper hitting the inside of your wheel.... a bolt could have loosened and fall out

juan18_c
10-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks for all the input I will take in consideration n check out all suggestions, no the clanking noise seems to be coming from the brake pads-calipers.but will check all.

FRCFD6
10-26-2005, 01:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(juan18_c)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks for all the input I will take in consideration n check out all suggestions, no the clanking noise seems to be coming from the brake pads-calipers.but will check all.</div>

check for a missing bolt that secures the caliper to the mount.