PDA

View Full Version : CAI and Water

rfpa1
10-18-2002, 01:19 PM
Hi Guys:

I am pounding my head on this.

If I replace the current air box on my 95 galant What will prevent water on rainy days to enter my filter, would it be better to make a small box where the filter resides, then connect to the front of the car under the bumper with another pipe that have a foam filter on it.

seth98esT
10-18-2002, 02:51 PM
well i have CAI and my filter sometimes gets somewhat damp on real bad rainy days but it does not have enough force to suck it through the filter, all they way up the pipe, through the MAS, around the other pipe, and to your TB. just make sure you check it often b/c it will get dirtier faster when it is down there.

come to think of it, i need to replace my filter soon

2True
10-19-2002, 04:05 PM
There is almost no chance of that happening unless you are like submerged in water up to your doors, in that case you would have more problems than just water intake LOL.

If you are really worried about it you could always buy one of those AEM Bypass thingys, I heard they work really good. I couldn't figure out a place to put one on my CAI though...

4G64
10-19-2002, 11:39 PM
I agree with seth on that. I got my filter down there as well.. and it's been raining for the past two weeks here in VA.... It does gets damp down there but it won't be enough to have water go into your engine. I drove my car daily during rain and I try to avoid pot holes fill with water. Other than that don't have any problems. the AEM bypass valve is nice but the fitting will be a problem. you need to get more rubber fittings to fit that in your CAI.. and from what I heard from friends who has them.. it does hurt performance a bit. Well if you are really concerned about the water then design a quick release system so u can change from CAI to short ram intake in a sec.... just my 2 cents......

btw.. if anybody is interested in a nice but cheap air filter.. go to this site.. I got mine from them... www.tommotorsport.com...