PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger...

IceDouTGaLanT
10-28-2005, 01:35 PM
1st i like to say I SERCHED,hahah before you guys tear my ass into 5 parts, but im still unclear about some things which i need some more advice to or help. Okay here it goes....

Stage II Vortex Supercharger from RIPP---- BOUGHT

Boost Cooler Water/Methanol Injection System-- NOW this i can get from PEPBOYS which is 300 bucks compares to 500 on ripp, is that cool? or do i need the one made by RIPP?

RIPP Auto Transmission Cooler----BOUGHT

Boost gauge,oil pressure gauge,EGT gague <--GOT THEM 3

Get an AFR gauge INSTEAD EGT......Thats what RIPP guy(keth) said so should i loose the EGT? and GET AFR?

Polyurethane Front Engine Mounts-BOUGHT

Im also gona buy an Extra belt I called Rip they gave me this part number..just incase..
Extra Belt RIPP
Part number-Gates Part Ko60750

June 2004 was orginal date of purchuse if that means anything..

Now for the BOV, RIPP makes one, should i get it stright from ripp or can i use any aftermarket one? so make the BOV work all i need is the BoV nothing else correct?

Okay thats what all i got so far they told me i dont need an intercooler since the Boost cooler is better, but is thier anything else i need for this systeam?? like any other parts,Elctronics? im going to get it installed withing the next 2 weeks..Sorry for the Questions i learned half this stuff by serching ,-) and seth helped me thanks agian..Let me get some imput guys i HIGHLY Appreciate it..And if any AUTO 8g I-4 go this setup and knows i need something else let me know thanks

-RON

PS-Install, i only live 4 hours away from ripp they told me it takes 2 days and an price of 1100-1500 range..OR i can take it my bmw shop,they Supercharge bmw,benz,audi and all that plus its only 15 minz from my house incase i ever get an problem, what do you guys think RIPP or my mechinic? plus my guy prob gona do it under 1000

DryBear
10-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Why not keep both AFR and EGT? Just be sure the A/F meter is wideband otherwise it won't be of any use. Personally, I went with a Zeitronix ZT-2 which shows A/F, boost, and EGT.
http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm ('http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm')

Don't forget colder plugs.

peanotation
10-28-2005, 03:10 PM
ripp this and ripp that, you really need to get away from them and their bullshit. he probably told you to not get an afr gauge because he didn't want you to actually see what was going on.

IceDouTGaLanT
10-28-2005, 03:26 PM
i just got off the phone with an turbo/supercharger tuner shop whic i live local they said install 800-1000 tops, thier gona take 4 days tune it dyno and what so every only thing i need to buy is the colder plugs has mention above (thanks man) and an AEM Y band which he can get me for $345..

Peno whats the big porblem with ripp? is thier something which i dont know, only reason im goign with RIPP then Tearstone turbo kit, is money im getting an great deal and im an ass if i dont jump on it.

VegasMatt
10-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Id be intersted as to what kind of deal you got? And why did they give you a deal, are they unloading their product?

I see you also didnt mention headers, you are going to need headers to handle the SDS.

As for Ripp....good luck.

peanotation
10-28-2005, 03:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Peno whats the big porblem with ripp? is thier something which i dont know, only reason im goign with RIPP then Tearstone turbo kit, is money im getting an great deal and im an ass if i dont jump on it.</div>

who gave you the deal? RIPP? i can give you a great deal on a bag of dog shit too, but it doesn't make it a great opportunity. i don't have any first hand experience with ripp, but i've read enough stories and talked to enough people in person at galant and 3g meets (yes, i went to a 3g meet 8) ) and the stories i heard...woohooooo

i've yet to meet or talk to anyone that didn't have a horror story. i'm sure theres a few on club3g with sucess stories though. like when i turboed my car and drove it 5 miles a week, of course nothing went wrong :laughing:

IceDouTGaLanT
10-28-2005, 03:44 PM
its not threw ripp, its an privite seller who had the kit on his car for 8,000 miles wants to sell it 2,800 stage 2 with RIPP headers and everything..MAtt dont you have RIPP are your unhappy with ur RIPP?

Peno what horror stoires have you herd, i dont kno anything bout S/C whats the most common problem, i thought this kit was good from the couple of memebrs on tgc who got them?

Vegas matt dont u got like stage 3? ur unhappy?

peanotation
10-28-2005, 03:49 PM
and almost all the members on tgc who got the kit then sold it. i dont want to piss on your parade, cause thats mean as shit considering your so close to forced induction, but i'm not sure exactly which component of the kit is to blame for all the blown motors

to play it safe, i'd run low boost for a while and get the afr gauge so you can actually see wtf is going on. egt, oil pressure and boost won't give you any insight, it's just monitoring the vitals. i'd pulll the timing back a few degrees, but good call on the water cooler kit

IceDouTGaLanT
10-28-2005, 03:53 PM
daym, i didnt know that...Thanks for not being harsh on me buddy haha

Vegas matt let me know how ur SDS has treated you

Jet Black
10-28-2005, 04:07 PM
You should really think about going turbo...https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

DryBear
10-28-2005, 04:08 PM
FYI, the shop shouldn't need to tune the car, as the "Black Box" is supposed to tune itself. I would agree though, that your best bet would be to talk to the guys who actually had the Ripp setup:

Vegasmatt
blankman
GalantT3
Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

IceDouTGaLanT
10-30-2005, 06:19 PM
ya i Pm'ed all those names you gave me above, matts the only one who responded s far and recamends i dont do it from his personal experince, On another nte i joined Club3g, since peno made some good points i asked them many told me no only if i got an v6, but the I-4 will be a great. But still alot of people had problems they all said they only way to blow a motor or fuck something up really bad, is runing to high of an boost or bad install, many people on thier still told me Tearstone, so i check out tearstone they seem great, less HP then i expected (210hp)..Im looking at this kit..

Budget Front Mount Intercooler, T3/04e Turbo Kit with/Fuel system Price: $2599.00

heres the link:
http://tearstone.com/shop/index.php?page=s...hpshop&Itemid=2 ('http://tearstone.com/shop/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=26&category_id=122&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=2')

Now i see this as an option what does this mean?is it an better turbo or bigger one or something?
"The t3/t4 upgrade comes with a Garrett t3/t4 turbo and can be added to the non-intercooled version for + $200.00"

If i get this tearstone kit thats all i need Besides Oil,Boost,Afr guages, and maybe an Aem Y-band. Will i need any other parts? like Auto tranny cooler or poly engine mounts? Ohh yeah i also need the pipeing of an 01+ since i have an 2000.

So turbo it is???

Oh i also got informed by club3g that Tearstone makes referbished SDS kits which are sapposed to be better and have more parts then getting SDS from RIPP. Any of you guys know anything bout this?

So finial question. Ripp or Tearstone.even though now im leanin toward Tearstone,But Does anyone on this board know anybody with this Kit on their galant or have it themselfs? or they just read shyt online about the kit.

Keep in mind this is my daily driver rain,snow whatever, and im not an highly educated person when it comes to Engine parts.

Thanks guys,

_Ron

seth98esT
10-30-2005, 06:25 PM
AFR gauge is a waste! Dont waste your money on that trash. If you want to know how rich you are running get a wideband system. You can get the Innovatek system for like $179 I think?

peanotation
10-30-2005, 07:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>AFR gauge is a waste! Â*Dont waste your money on that trash. Â*If you want to know how rich you are running get a wideband system. Â*You can get the Innovatek system for like $179 I think?</div>

yeah i meant wideband when i said to get an afr gauge.

IceDouTGaLanT
10-30-2005, 09:44 PM
from what i learned so far, from TGC,club3g thiers mixed opinions on ripp, but most tend to fall under PROBLEMS, alot people migh tnot have major issues like blown motors or belts snap every 2 days, but little issues which are hard to fix and get really irrtating, and on both forums the name tearstone as appeard and so far alot people say the i-4 is pretty good with turbos and thats the best for that motor, so ima go with tearstone now, unless i end up hearing some shit about them, then ima say fuck the galant daily driver project and save 7K to supercharge me m5 haahha

But thanks to you all who gave me all that input, and peno thanks for being real as they say,or i woulda made an costly mistake.

-ron

IceDouTGaLanT
10-31-2005, 08:27 PM
ight im say fwk SDS and go tearstone, im going to order the kit this friday hopefully get it next week, and get it installed the following week..im geting the

Budget kit, Front Mount Intercooler, T3/04e Turbo Kit w/Fuel system Price: $2599.00 plus 125 shipping..
TOTAL=2,725

Now i showed this setup to my local tuner shop, they all told me go turbo, down the line you will thank your self if you wanan upgrade, sicne thier so much you can do to that S/c, they told me the beneifts and flows of both kits,

They told me with the turbo, maybe IF i want i can get an better fuel system? you think i need to? they said around 500 bucks for some good shit, im paying 300 for the one from tearstone..think i should spend 200 more for something better? or you think its fine?

One thing they told me to get is the AEM wide band with the guage which is on the link below..
http://www.coximport.com/aem/uego-gauge.html ('http://www.coximport.com/aem/uego-gauge.html')

Another thing they said is, get the APEXI-AVCR BOOST COntroller

What you guys think? Penooo give me some insight mannn ,-) ahah

Tearstone
10-31-2005, 08:34 PM
I have the AEM Wideband available as well: http://tearstone.com/shop/index.php?page=s...hpshop&Itemid=2 ('http://tearstone.com/shop/index.php?page=shop.browse&root=108&category_id=105&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=2')

I really like that gauge minus the blinky lights that go around the diameter, the digital read out is easy to read.

IceDouTGaLanT
10-31-2005, 09:26 PM
ahhh Russ daym, you got everything i need them ahha

Guess i did make the right choice huh ahaha

extremsprt86
10-31-2005, 09:41 PM
do you think there is a better turbo to upgrade to with that tearstone kit, or just use the t3? whats the best :?

Dominicano
10-31-2005, 09:53 PM
why not just drop a evo engine in there

VegasMatt
10-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Id go with Tearstone too, I am leaning towards it but I am discouraged by the turnaround time for the V6. I heard some peeps waiting Moooooonths to get it and have yet to get it.

Tearstone
10-31-2005, 10:42 PM
Id go with Tearstone too, I am leaning towards it but I am discouraged by the turnaround time for the V6. I heard some peeps waiting Moooooonths to get it and have yet to get it.

I understand your discouragement. Those customers did not order through my company but I am rectifying what happened with their orders though. I am going to have word back to Wandering Pinoy about the status of his kit very soon. The time he has had to wait is completely unacceptable.

IceDouTGaLanT
10-31-2005, 11:40 PM
hey tearstone say i order this friday, when do you except i should get it by??

DryBear
11-01-2005, 11:01 AM

I understand your discouragement. Those customers did not order through my company but I am rectifying what happened with their orders though. I am going to have word back to Wandering Pinoy about the status of his kit very soon. The time he has had to wait is completely unacceptable.

Lol, that would be me - and I have to extent my deepest appreciation to Tearstone for his helping me get the kit into my grubby hands. :twisted:

Prophet
11-01-2005, 11:34 AM

Lol, that would be me - and I have to extent my deepest appreciation to Tearstone for his helping me get the kit into my grubby hands. :twisted:

So Len who did you order from???

DryBear
11-01-2005, 11:59 AM

I actually ordered from Keith at All Performance Plus (the only other venor of AAI at the time), and as things are going now, I would highly recommend ordering from Tearstone.

Prophet
11-01-2005, 12:05 PM

Okay so the problem is now with the company your ordered it from and not Tearstone? So is the problems with getting the turbo's from Turbonetics okay now and the kits are shipping?

I actually ordered from Keith at All Performance Plus (the only other venor of AAI at the time), and as things are going now, I would highly recommend ordering from Tearstone.

VegasMatt
11-01-2005, 09:11 PM
If Tearstone could shine some light on the actual turn around time, Id send them some cash for the kit. Had no luck with the Ripp Kit, id give them a try. Let me know Tearstone.

Thanks.

IceDouTGaLanT
11-01-2005, 09:30 PM
im ordering mine friday, they said i should get it before thanksgiven, 2-4 weeks, i might get it in 2weeks but they gave me an longer amount just incase i dont, but then agian i got an I-4, so i dont know bout you v6 guys, hey matt what you do with ur SDS kit? you guys think its good to atleast use the RIPP Headers? if not any other better headers out thier? i wish tearstone had a kit which was above the budject, i guess ill upgrade some parts once schools done... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Prophet
11-01-2005, 09:34 PM
im ordering mine friday, they said i should get it before thanksgiven, 2-4 weeks, i might get it in 2weeks but they gave me an longer amount just incase i dont, but then agian i got an I-4, so i dont know bout you v6 guys, hey matt what you do with ur SDS kit? you guys think its good to atleast use the RIPP Headers? if not any other better headers out thier? i wish tearstone had a kit which was above the budject, i guess ill upgrade some parts once schools done... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

If your ordering the Tearston kit you don't need headers.....

IceDouTGaLanT
11-01-2005, 09:38 PM
ohh okay, is it gona benefit me if i get larger headers? is thier anything else i can do under liek 300-400 bucks like buy an part or something to get an little more boost out that turbo setup?

peanotation
11-01-2005, 09:52 PM
ohh okay, is it gona benefit me if i get larger headers? is thier anything else i can do under liek 300-400 bucks like buy an part or something to get an little more boost out that turbo setup?

no. since a turbo setup doesn't use a header. you want to start looking for exhaust manifolds. to get more boost from the turbo just turn up the boost. things don't add boost on a turbo setup, but allow for a better flow which will maximize your turbos power.

IceDouTGaLanT
11-02-2005, 12:30 AM
where can i find an exhaust manifolds any good sites you recamend? or cani go to an junk yard? what car should i yank it from 3g eclpse?

Prophet
11-02-2005, 12:35 AM
where can i find an exhaust manifolds any good sites you recamend? or cani go to an junk yard? what car should i yank it from 3g eclpse?

What kit are you getting from Tearstone? It should all ready come with a mani fold. If it doesn't then you nee a mani with a T series flange. Not something you can pull from a 3G. Needs to be custom made or get a mani for a 2G/1G Eclipse with a T series flange.

Tearstone
11-02-2005, 08:38 AM

Turbos are driven on exhaust gases and the price of the kit includes the exhaust manifolds you need to bolt up the turbo to the engine.

We talked to guys over at the shop last night after getting off the phone with you and they said that if you order on Friday you should get it within a week after placing your order. Don't hold us to that, because this is the fastest turn around time I've ever received. I hope that you do indeed get it that fast because a lot of things have been changing for the better lately.

Tearstone
11-02-2005, 08:39 AM

What kit are you getting from Tearstone? It should all ready come with a mani fold. If it doesn't then you nee a mani with a T series flange. Not something you can pull from a 3G. Needs to be custom made or get a mani for a 2G/1G Eclipse with a T series flange.

The budget kits come with custom built log style manifolds and the enhanced kits come with tubular manifolds.

IceDouTGaLanT
11-02-2005, 11:09 AM
ahh great, so only thingi need now is the midpipe, i know you guys sellt hat too, so if i cant find one cheeper i guess ig ota get that too. ya that be grEATTT if i could get it in 1 -week but ima not gona junks my self https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Tearstone
11-02-2005, 12:26 PM
ahh great, so only thingi need now is the midpipe, i know you guys sellt hat too, so if i cant find one cheeper i guess ig ota get that too. ya that be grEATTT if i could get it in 1 -week but ima not gona junks my self https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Check with the guys over at http://www.msrecycling.com ('http://www.msrecycling.com') or just search http://www.car-parts.com ('http://www.car-parts.com')

VegasMatt
11-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Russ,

Whats the turnaround time for us lovely V6 guys. A week also? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif :smilegrin: :smilegrin:

Tearstone
11-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Russ,

Whats the turnaround time for us lovely V6 guys. A week also? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif :smilegrin: :smilegrin:

As of next week I think so. I'll keep you posted as to what I find out tomorrow. They have been building kits like crazy for the past few weeks. They determined that it's simply not worth selling kits if we are making them one at a time. So they are made 10 at a time which means faster shipment for future orders.

VegasMatt
11-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Great news, keep us posted and I think you may get a few orders from TGC.

Thanks.

VegasMatt
11-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Any update on the production lag?

IceDouTGaLanT
11-10-2005, 10:42 PM
i called him today, 1st things Russ is a AWSOME guy he helped me answer all my questions and was real nice... i say this because i was gona buy it and before i did he said can i give u a call back so i can give u an date for the kit so that way i dont lead you on, called me back within 15-20 minz and told me i should have it before x-mas but NO latter, that right thier is the type of people who i like to give my money to,people who wont bullshit me when i buy shyt im so happy i choice tearstone over Ahem ahem RIPP....But matt i dunno bout u v6 guys but he was tellin me their goign threw an transection and thier makeing kits by groups so the whole order process should be becomeing faster...I aksed him what the car ran on the track he wasnt sure, but when he called me back he talked to the manufactures they said 14-15 in the 1/2 mile.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

ZigenScarface
11-10-2005, 11:18 PM
i called him today, 1st things Russ is a AWSOME guy he helped me answer all my questions and was real nice... i say this because i was gona buy it and before i did he said can i give u a call back so i can give u an date for the kit so that way i dont lead you on, called me back within 15-20 minz and told me i should have it before x-mas but NO latter, that right thier is the type of people who i like to give my money to,people who wont bullshit me when i buy shyt im so happy i choice tearstone over Ahem ahem RIPP....But matt i dunno bout u v6 guys but he was tellin me their goign threw an transection and thier makeing kits by groups so the whole order process should be becomeing faster...I aksed him what the car ran on the track he wasnt sure, but when he called me back he talked to the manufactures they said 14-15 in the 1/2 mile.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

14, or 15 sec in a HALF MILE? damnnnn

IceDouTGaLanT
11-10-2005, 11:26 PM
i mean quater mile hahaha

DryBear
11-11-2005, 12:42 AM
FYI, the tester for the Tearstone I4 turbo kit is a Galant :wink:

VegasMatt
11-11-2005, 09:12 AM
I hope the 14-15 second is for the I4.

IceDouTGaLanT
11-11-2005, 02:55 PM
ya its the time for I-4, ya they told me the tester was a galant i was surpised

seth98esT
11-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Wow thats pretty slow :cry:

What size turbo? On a stock bottum end? Low 14s wouldnt be bad, but 15s is pretty sad.