PDA

View Full Version : Brake Update

LatinGalant
10-18-2002, 04:59 PM
Well my friends, the nightmare has only gotten worse but as always there are nice people that help you in your time of need. Well here is what is going on my order from www.partsbin.com was wrong twice. The first time it was there fault and the second time it was the dealer I requested the part number from gave me the incorrect part number. The parts bin at first frustrated me but my friend Bill called me later on and told me that they would pick up the tab on the return of the brakes unfortunatley the correct brakes are quite expensive. They are 130.00 a piece for the rotors but they are brembo and the ones that I recieved that where wrong look to be of very good quality. They are stainless steel and when they send me the correct ones on Tuesday I am sure that will be of good quality. I also spoke to a wonderful lady at the parts department at Holler Mitsu where I requested the part number from and she and I talked for about 45 min. She was very interested in the Galant Center and was very surprised at the progress our club has made. Anyways I shared with her many of our frustrations that we have had with our 8g galant and that we are proud of our cars but that the problems are getting to much and the service is getting ridiculous. I shared with her the website and look forward to her posting information and opinions about different aspects here. She seemed very nice and competent about her product and willing to share our complaints and praises to people at corporate Mitsubishi. About the partbin it has been a long haul now going on to a week with the wrong rotors and now damaged pads which they have offered to pick up for me at their cost. I am although out of a lot of money until they refund the money back to my account. I will agian let you know whats going on with the brakes later. Please everybody share your happy moments and your complaints with the galant with us you never know when one of us might get the opportunity to share this and get results. I must say that I am a proud member and hope to share with all the good and bad times.

TJC
10-18-2002, 09:04 PM
Wow, what an ordeal. I hope everything turns out smoothly for you this time around. :wink:

Not sure how many cars you are doing but remember you had 3 that needed brakes. There is a groupbuy going on here too until the end of November that's one hell of a deal too. http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic...3950&highlight= ('http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3950&highlight=')