PDA

View Full Version : $200 for shock/strut & spring service?!?!

r-ezz.e
10-19-2002, 02:22 AM
alright here's the deal. i went to a few pro-shops in my area i asked them how much is it for installation for shocks/springs. they all said they had a "deal" going for shocks/springs/service for $800. They said the usual it will be eibach's, kyb/agx's.
I'm looking at it like this, i guess i will be getting a deal on the springs (est $200) and the shocks (est. $400). Which leaves $200 for service?!?! Wut do u guys think? Is it a good price for installation? I know prices may be less for install especially in the West and South but wut about for ppl who live in the East where it tends to be a 'lil more expensive i noticed.
I just wanna make sure cuz one of the place i went to is justa bunch of Honduh dicksucking fuckers. I never trusted them but they all gave me about the same range in price. Thanks

mrjaydeeone
10-19-2002, 02:45 AM
well by me it costed 150 for progrss springs shipped from www.optauto.com ('http://www.optauto.com')
and then 200 to have all for installed

BGR
10-19-2002, 03:15 AM
Sounds like the average is $200, which is not a bad deal at all. Just choose the right place that will do the install. It cost me $150 to have just the Progress Springs installed and it only took 45 minutes. I felt it was worth every penny. I know you would be pissed if you went with the 'cheaper' install place, trying to save a few bucks and they ended up messing something up, right? Sometimes it pays to go with the more reputable shop. Honda Cocksuckers or not. I bet those guys really know what they're doing.

Remember to get an 4 wheel thrust alignment after the install. Camber kit will be optional.

jacuZZi
10-19-2002, 12:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(r-ezz.e)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright here's the deal. Â*i went to a few pro-shops in my area i asked them how much is it for installation for shocks/springs. Â*they all said they had a "deal" going for shocks/springs/service for $800. Â*They said the usual it will be eibach's, kyb/agx's. Â*
I'm looking at it like this, i guess i will be getting a deal on the springs (est $200) and the shocks (est. $400). Â*Which leaves $200 for service?!?! Â*Wut do u guys think? Â*Is it a good price for installation? Â*I know prices may be less for install especially in the West and South but wut about for ppl who live in the East where it tends to be a 'lil more expensive i noticed.
I just wanna make sure cuz one of the place i went to is justa bunch of Honduh dicksucking fuckers. I never trusted them but they all gave me about the same range in price. Â*Thanks</div>

I installed mine bymyself with a help of a friend, cost me just the parts.
(Eibach's around $200, and Kyb's $380 ) so its saved me about $200 on the installation dept. :wink:

pinoyesv6
10-20-2002, 04:49 PM
800 is a good deal. i mean 200 for springs, 400 for shocks thats 600. then about 70 dollars for the alignment and that leaves 130 for installation. a good deal if you aren't gonna install it yourself

r-ezz.e
10-20-2002, 11:15 PM
800 is a good deal. i mean 200 for springs, 400 for shocks thats 600. then about 70 dollars for the alignment and that leaves 130 for installation. a good deal if you aren't gonna install it yourself

Negative......there's no alignment w/the "deal". Just springs/shocks and $200 install.

jacuZZi
10-20-2002, 11:24 PM
Damn $70 for allignment? I got mine allign for $39.95 with coupons, and $45 Without, thats out the door. ( 4 wheel ).

pinoyesv6
10-20-2002, 11:28 PM
Damn $70 for allignment? I got mine allign for $39.95 with coupons, and $45 Without, thats out the door. ( 4 wheel ).

well that estimate is a lil bit on the high end. but yea you can find deals anywhere. i mean you can find eibac springs for under 200. you can find places that will do install for under 100. its just a rough estimate to see what you're looking at.

i've never gotten an alignment on the galant. but that will change when they repair my car so i get that done for free. to tell u the truth i never went out of my way to get any of my car's alignment done, jsut cuz either it was needed cuz of the work done or i bought new tires and it was part of the deal