PDA

View Full Version : Changing 1156 to a 1157

BLsGalant97
10-19-2002, 12:20 PM
Ok i had this idea (Im not sure if i would actually try it though) But you know like on integras, their front blinkers stay on at night and blink whenever its needed. Im guessing that they are using a 1157 bulb right??? Well is possible to change like the 1156 harness that we have in our cars and switch it to a harness that would hold an 1157??? You know what i mean?? Or is this task harder than it seems??? So i am saying our blinker lights would stay on all the time and blink when we need them too. Thanks

Dark Anghell
10-19-2002, 06:32 PM
My car used to have that. It looks really good. But for some reason our rear turn signals are connected directly to the front because wheneve my turn signals on the bumper were turned on, the turn signals in the back would glow as well. It looked pretty cool actually, but I'm not sure if cops would like it. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Maybe the person who did that on my car (it was slightly modidied when I bought it) messed up in the wiring. So if you want to, you can try that/. You will need new sockets for the bulbs, and modify the hole into which the bulbs plug in.

BLsGalant97
10-19-2002, 07:41 PM
Do you think it would be hard to switch the sockets???? I dont think it should be a big deal with the cops cause I have hyper whites for the blinkers and also integras come with them already like that.

Also, I never thought of this before but cause you have the erebuni on, do you still have any blinkers in the front of any sort.

QnzMostWanted
10-20-2002, 07:30 PM
its possible, i did it with mine for my JDM corners, best bet is to get the 8g harnesses and just rewire them (thats what i did)