PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass

The F.B.I
11-08-2005, 12:02 AM
i wanted to fiberglass my interior doors, but i don't know where to get some...some one had pix N stuff but he never made the tutorial for it yet...the last post on that forum was long time ago, but yeah just need to know where i can get some fiverglass....

pinoyesv6
11-08-2005, 07:02 AM
there are many places to get fiberglass. there have a buncha online shops, then locally you got the hardware store, auto parts store, marine supply store, even big discount stores like walmart has fiberglass.

if its your first time i suggest getting one of those fiberglass repair kits. they run about 10 bucks. it comes with a lil bit of resin and a lil bit of fiberglass cloth to get you started. practice with that before spending money on a big can of resin.

keithert
11-08-2005, 07:37 AM
My 90 Tracker has rust holes in the cargo area floor. I used fiberglass to cover over them to keep water out. For that type of repair that doesn't have to look good fiberglass is easy to work with. For something that has to look nice you would need to practice a lot.

SROL
11-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Home Depot and Lowes is where I get mine.
If you want something that looks nice you'll probably need to invest in some body filler and fine grain sandpaper. There's also a neat little sander ('http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00911633000&subcat=Sanders') that's especially made for contours that I'm hoping to buy one day.

In my own experience, I fiberglassed a subwoofer box to make it look fancy and it turned out looking like crap. It was just for practice so I wasn't worried about aesthetics. I was hoping to finish it up one day but moved halfway across the country leaving it behind.

Here's a nice tutorial for some door pods on another forum I visit: How to build custom door builds (Pic Heavy) ('http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=73733')

blownoffvavle
11-13-2005, 11:40 PM
they go on sale time to time a big bucket for $10