PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to any1 (AEM CAI Q?)

CRH-1
08-11-2002, 09:51 PM
I have a 8g 4cly with an AEM CAI. And recently everytime I put my car in reverse my CAI starts making a deep vibration sound that causes it to shake alot. Its sounds pretty bad, just wanting to see if any1 else has had a problem like this?

Auto-9
08-12-2002, 12:47 AM
Hmmm...well I know about the CAI intake noise complaint which is normal, but I haven't really seen any intakes shake...could be a prob.

NRG
08-12-2002, 02:45 AM
CAI intake noise complains????? HMMMMM, nothing but complements from me!!!! Mine sounds great. Although I have the Injen one but it shouldn't be THAT much difference.

But yeah, you should really check that out. Maybe reinstall it again to make sure everything is fitted and tighten down. But if the shaking or sound only happens when you go in reverse, it shouldn't be the CAI problem. You might want to look into something else or just take it to the dealer and reproduce the noise for them.

RedGalant2k1
08-12-2002, 08:06 AM
After you installed the AEM CAI did you remember to reset the tranny by removing the battery cables for 15-30 minutes? If not do that, just make sure you have the radio code (If necessary, or your radio won't work).

pinoyesv6
08-12-2002, 08:15 AM
uhm are u sure its the CAI that is shaking? maybe its your motor shaking really bad and at the same time causing your intake to start shaking badly. and yea since it is shaking badly, check the joints frequently, don't want anything getting loose or falling apart