PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy paint??

csaephanh
11-17-2005, 10:51 PM
i am looking for the granite white pearl (w69) paint. anyone know where the best place to get it besides the dealership? thats the last place i'll go. i went to paintscratch.com and they wont ship the spray can to alaska. the other website autopainttouchup or somethin like that charges too much.

pinoyesv6
11-18-2005, 10:57 AM
you can open up the phone book and look for some automotive paint shops in the area. or even drop by a body shop and see where they get theirs or get them to mix you up some paint

csaephanh
11-18-2005, 04:58 PM
i need one in a spray bottle cuz i dont have a spray gun and all that.

str8304
11-18-2005, 08:00 PM
i need one in a spray bottle cuz i dont have a spray gun and all that. I know there is a Maaco by my house and they get the paint you are looking for from Sherman Williams. I know because they painted my grills and jdm mirrors for me.

ipaintu
11-18-2005, 08:09 PM
i can shipp you what you need in a pre-spray bottle and a replaceable air container. Its not granite white also Its Dover white. Its also very hard to match. Since I have the same paint on my car for 1 and 2 I am a paint tech that works for Maaco. I have the resources tho to buy stuff like this at a discount and also the refills for the sprayer.. Let me know I will not charge you nuttin to do it if you pay shipping and all.. I will have the prices for you tomorrow at what I can get the stuff for..

I will tell you this I will save you some cash since I mix the paints myself just as you would pay someone at a local paint store.. I get paints a below their costs also... We use Diamount and BASF paints also..

Hit me up tho guy I havent issues fixing you up...

str8304
11-18-2005, 08:46 PM
i can shipp you what you need in a pre-spray bottle and a replaceable air container. Its not granite white also Its Dover white. Its also very hard to match. Since I have the same paint on my car for 1 and 2 I am a paint tech that works for Maaco. I have the resources tho to buy stuff like this at a discount and also the refills for the sprayer.. Let me know I will not charge you nuttin to do it if you pay shipping and all.. I will have the prices for you tomorrow at what I can get the stuff for..

I will tell you this I will save you some cash since I mix the paints myself just as you would pay someone at a local paint store.. I get paints a below their costs also... We use Diamount and BASF paints also..

Hit me up tho guy I havent issues fixing you up... Well, in that case, let me know some prices tomorrow because I was rear ended. I am getting a new bumper from the dealer, but need to have it painted. Thanks

ipaintu
11-18-2005, 09:04 PM
what do you want also a areosole sprayer also? I have the paint at will.

Its 22.00 per pint ready to spray.. Not add nuttin ready to spray. Thats very cheap.... Then 1 quart of clear and hardner for it should be like another 20.00 So for full setup of paint per quart is about 42.00 thats all you need to spray base clear. Lucky they also make this paint in a single stage paint. Which means you dont have to add clear over top. Its a urethane paint... I sell that for 25.00 ready to spray a pint.

Now think thats not a savings since you cant buy hardners in small amounts thats where you save the most..

Let me know.. I will have to check on price of sprayer from the paint store thats all.. Thats what i was saying I can make the paint, its the srayer that i have to check on.

Thats not shipping also...

ipaintu
11-18-2005, 09:06 PM

Hit me up tho guy I havent issues fixing you up... Well, in that case, let me know some prices tomorrow because I was rear ended. I am getting a new bumper from the dealer, but need to have it painted. Thanks

Why buy from the dealer I can get a rear bumper cheap as hell NEW I think like 90.00 bucks.. Same bumper you get. Let me know...

I get all body parts hella cheaper than you guys. I can save you some cash just let me know..

I can give you my cellphone # to call if needed.

str8304
11-18-2005, 09:47 PM

Why buy from the dealer I can get a rear bumper cheap as hell NEW I think like 90.00 bucks.. Same bumper you get. Let me know...

I get all body parts hella cheaper than you guys. I can save you some cash just let me know..

I appreciate the prices on the paint. Now the bumper I can get from the dealer with my wholesale account, not at $90 bucks like you though. Even if I got the bumper through you for $90, shipping will still kill me from Florida to Texas.

chbuzz
11-29-2005, 08:43 PM

I appreciate the prices on the paint. Now the bumper I can get from the dealer with my wholesale account, not at $90 bucks like you though. Even if I got the bumper through you for $90, shipping will still kill me from Florida to Texas.
I know I wouldn't paint a whole bumper with the aerosol stuff myself... I mean the base would be alright but the clearcoat is another story... its not easy to get a good even clearcoat from the aerosol can. worst comes to worst pay $75-$100 to have a body shop paint it. I learned the hard way on my trunk lid I used the aerosol clearcoat and it turned out like poo.

ericbla03
11-29-2005, 09:18 PM
i agree, rattlecan clearcoat is very tricky. It took me a long time and a lot of practice to get decent results on the F/G sub enclosures that i did. I lay down a "mist" coat and then lay down another coat about as thick as I can without it running or dripping.