PDA

View Full Version : so I'm finally goin to slam the G.........

bluediamonds
11-22-2005, 10:30 AM
got a question, I read some articles and I've heard that ground control springs are the way to go. my question is, where do I find them. let me know.

Dominicano
11-22-2005, 10:34 AM
actually tein are the way to go, ground controls are overated really They were good because it was the only good one around then, now tein is the best out unless you got money for the JIC kit.

bluediamonds
11-22-2005, 10:41 AM
whats the price on the tein?

Dominicano
11-22-2005, 10:58 AM
depends which options you get i believe they can range from 800 to 1300. and if you get the basic kit which i think its 800 you are only paying like 2 hundred more if you were to get GC and KYB's

check out this link they have prices there I would stick with the basic kit, and maybe the ball mount but i am not sure about that ask DangerDanj he has the tein on it and he can atest on how the ride is

http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php...ight=TEIN+Basic ('http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24013&highlight=TEIN+Basic')

4-G-rim
11-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Teins are great but Ground Controls are good too. If you visit Ground Controls homepage you can order from them or find authorized dealers near you. With Ground Controls you can customize the spring rates to your preference and they can make it for you. If you get a middle to high end Tein suspension kit you can adjust alot of your suspension dynamics like camber, toe, caster, strut/shock rebound and damper and some models preload. Whatever is your in budget and perference.

Dominicano
11-23-2005, 10:22 PM
sleeve coilover drive like shit, unless you have a full set up where the spring were made for the shocks they are on then its a different story. Ask people here who has any version of sleeved coilover. With any coilover you goona want that perfect drop well if even AGX if you go below
2 inches your shock will die fast not as fast as OEM but close enough.

bluediamonds
11-26-2005, 12:18 PM
I went with the Tein setup. I should be getting them some time next week. I'll post pics of them when I get them and when they're on the g.