PDA

View Full Version : MAS plug

Reptile
11-23-2005, 01:45 PM
alright, so i had to swap my intake for the stock airbox for the smog testing, and when i put it on and started to drive to the smog place, i noticed my idling hell high, like 900-1000, and my car sounded like a rumbling ferrai from the inside https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif , i could tell i had hella more power for some reason. it was like instant response off the line, and almost as if i had added like 20 more hp, and so when i was about to pull up i just remember that i forgot to plug in the lil sensor thing that goes in to the big MAS :oops: , anyone have similar problems?

bronxbombr
11-23-2005, 03:24 PM
How the hell did you accomplish that? My G wont start without the MAS plugged in.

Reptile
11-23-2005, 04:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>How the hell did you accomplish that? My G wont start without the MAS plugged in.</div>

lmao, idk, but it almost seems like it was a restrictor when i had it plugged in, now it seems like its supercharged or something, its hella wierd

4-G-rim
11-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Um....w/o the MAF plugged in, the car will not start or run. How your car was able to run w/o the plug... :roll:

spyder97gs
11-23-2005, 10:56 PM
My car WILL start with it unplugged. It will even idle fine sometimes, and sometimes it will cause surge.

Reptile
11-24-2005, 12:32 AM
no one knows how this is possible?

theblackpearl
11-24-2005, 01:38 AM
ummm doesnt make sense man... my car can start without the plug but it will surge and idle funny..this is wierd

DOHCstunr
11-24-2005, 01:39 AM
if your car does run with the mas unplugged, you are going to run rich :? rich rich. if you continue to run like that, :roll:
expect
fouled plugs
fouled o2 sensors
horrible gas mileage

when you run with the mas unplugged, you ecu goes into a failsafe mode. where fuel is delivered based on rpm and throttle percent.
airflow is extrapolated from that data, and is overcompensated to protect from engine damage(running too lean)

plug your damn MAS back in and get back to normal.
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Reptile
11-24-2005, 01:46 AM
if your car does run with the mas unplugged, you are going to run rich :? rich rich. if you continue to run like that, :roll:
expect
fouled plugs
fouled o2 sensors
horrible gas mileage

when you run with the mas unplugged, you ecu goes into a failsafe mode. where fuel is delivered based on rpm and throttle percent.
airflow is extrapolated from that data, and is overcompensated to protect from engine damage(running too lean)

plug your damn MAS back in and get back to normal.
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

lol, well my plugs are already shit, probably my 02 sensors too,
and when the fuel is based on rpm and throttle, what is the rpm and throttle based on?

DOHCstunr
11-24-2005, 02:32 AM
and when the fuel is based on rpm and throttle, what is the rpm and throttle based on?
its based on your foot

theblackpearl
11-24-2005, 03:56 AM
its based on your foot

OWN3D

Reptile
11-24-2005, 12:01 PM
not the rpms, it goes to exactly 1000 rpms when i start it, and never moves from there, and then when i put it in neutral, it goes to like 1400.

Reptile
11-24-2005, 12:03 PM
its based on your foot

OWN3D

BTW dustin, if i would have discovered this earlier, not only would i put a car length on u, but 2 1/2 :wink:

theblackpearl
11-24-2005, 12:39 PM
dude youre fuckin ridiculous

DOHCstunr
11-24-2005, 12:48 PM
discovered what? running yor engine w/o an airlfow meter.

might as well bolt on a carburator for your next mod... :roll:

Proto
11-24-2005, 01:47 PM
discovered what? running yor engine w/o an airlfow meter.

might as well bolt on a carburator for your next mod... :roll:

with a 10" lift kit, 38" super swampers and a 305 smallblock

Reptile
11-24-2005, 08:35 PM
i guess u guys didnt catch my sarcasim, its not like im gonna leave it off, its just kinda wierd how ive never heard of anyone saying something about this, and ppl saying they cant even run their car without it, let alone get more power.

bronxbombr
11-24-2005, 09:06 PM
ya thats strange.

seth98esT
11-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Every car is different. My car ran with it unplugged, but ran like crap. Maybe yours is broken https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

peanotation
11-26-2005, 11:17 PM
regardless if you think its making 20hp or not, which i can assure you it isn't, it's not safe and your running your motor like shit

Reptile
11-27-2005, 01:32 AM
regardless if you think its making 20hp or not, which i can assure you it isn't, it's not safe and your running your motor like shit

o mathew..., i realize that, and i never said its making 20 more hp, i just said it felt like it.

Proto
11-27-2005, 03:18 AM
you should let the air out of all 4 tires and go down a curvy hill. gives you 15-30WHP and instant drift mode.

theblackpearl
11-27-2005, 03:20 AM
come to the meet on the 10th still chad... we can race and ill let you unplug your little sensor just for fun k?

DOHCstunr
11-27-2005, 01:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reptile)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>regardless if you think its making 20hp or not, which i can assure you it isn't, it's not safe and your running your motor like shit</div>

o mathew..., i realize that, and i never said its making 20 more hp, i just said it felt like it.</div>
another factor i forgot is that your ecu has no control over timing when your mas is unplugged.
sice it has no air temp or barametric sensor input it will not have any data for timing control.

this can be very dangerous man. you risk blowing your motor.

thats all i have to say