PDA

View Full Version : CarBon Fiber Beginer kit..Advice

IceDouTGaLanT
11-30-2005, 07:54 PM
With all this CF work around on TGC, i wanted to get my hands on some myself and try to learn this,nothing major just little parts here and thier Trim Peices,Door handle etc...Below i found a beginers kit with pretty much everything i need, since i dont know what the avg price for CF is i was wondering if you guys could help me,is that a good package below?Thiers nothing else i would need correct? I know its hard but,people gota learn somehow right ,-D

(1) 36" long by 50" wide piece of 5.7 oz 3K carbon fiber fabric
Epoxy Resin (Enough For the fabric)
Epoxy Hardener (Enough For the fabric)
Fabrication instructions
Price: $71.00 Shipped

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Winter%20Project/ffere.jpg
I was thinking Yellow because I got tan/black interior setup and the yellow has a hue of the gold, don't you think? I think all the trim pieces would look good, but IM not sure because I have no seen the yellow fabric in person just this PIC...Let me know if anyone of you seen this in person, and will think it will look good with my interior.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/my%20galant/Picture020.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/my%20galant/Picture016.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/my%20galant/Picture034.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Winter%20Project/Bluefabric.jpg
I was also thinking BLUE, because I got blue neon's all over under seats, blue LEDs in the AC vents and all over. As seen in the PIC below.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Winter%20Project/5355.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/IcedoutGalant/Winter%20Project/Blackfabric.jpg
Ahh traditional CF, Its simple I got a Carbon fiber Evo hood, Evo 8 Wing, so I figured I carry the black CF theme in the interior. So everything's one color.

So you see I have 3 ways to go they all look good to me in a way, except the Blue CF, I like it but I think its gona look outa place, but im not 100% sure on what I want, I hope u guys can help me out a little on making this decision.
Thanks a lot any impute is welcome negative or positive.
-Ron

BIGMONEYDAY
12-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Hey man, I'm in the same boat as you on choosing a color since I have the same interior as you, but my exterior is black. I think the black carbon would be the safest bet. The yellow might be a good choice too, if it has a more "gold" shine to it, but you never know until you see it in person. I believe I've seen a site that sold a bronze colored fiber, but not sure right now. By the way where are you getting that beginners kit from for that price?

ZigenScarface
12-01-2005, 10:10 AM
which site is that?

Alexey
12-01-2005, 10:35 AM
I personally love blue, I'd pick that, I have blue neons as well, so... But then again, can't go wrong with black either. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

BIGMONEYDAY
12-01-2005, 01:02 PM
"Iced", never mind about the site you found those kits from. I think I found it...and as usual it's on ebay. The kits are $59.95 and shipping is $9.50 which makes the kits about $70. And for those who want to know, the kits come in black, yellow, blue, red and silver. Just do a search for "carbon fiber cloth". If this was a "secret", I didn't mean to let it out of the bag, but if it can get more of us DIY'ers experience with laying this stuff, maybe more of us can get the CF parts we need done.

IceDouTGaLanT
12-01-2005, 03:18 PM
YA i was goign to post it when i got out of school, no secret Serch the SELLER Sportcyc. They have the kits, i Emaile dme since u guys asked me where i got them from,he said he can do an GB i asked for 5 kits see what he says? maybe some of you can get in it too? hes going to include in my order an scrap yellow so i can compare it to my seats,BIGMONEY since u got the same interior has me once i get it and see if it matchs ill PM you, maybe we can save if me and you buy a big amount???Ima order my kit today and let you guys know how it is etc...If any of you wanna get it right now with me let me know they guy can give us a break

IceDouTGaLanT
12-01-2005, 03:38 PM
great news the guy emailed me:
We could do 10% off the kits for 5, total $269.80 plus shipping

ipaintu
12-01-2005, 04:56 PM
so are you getting a GB going If so I take 3 kits.

pinoyesv6
12-01-2005, 07:45 PM
laying down cf is easy. IMO the hard part which is the part that differs from fiberglassing is keeping the cloth looking nice since most of you guys want the cf exposed and presentable.

IceDouTGaLanT
12-01-2005, 07:51 PM
IPAINTU-Youll take 3 kits bro?? let me know the color and everything and PM ur mail address so i can contact the company tonight,i was gona order my kit tonight but ill wait till like tommow.. let me know the color and etc...

We need 1 more person? anybody else come one 1 more person,plus this deal is with the people not me,but you can check my feedback on TGC im not out to get anyone and i sold many things here, and ran few GB such as the Z kit,HIDS kit,etcc

BIGMONEYDAY
12-01-2005, 08:24 PM
laying down cf is easy. IMO the hard part which is the part that differs from fiberglassing is keeping the cloth looking nice since most of you guys want the cf exposed and presentable.

That's exactly what I was talking about. I've laid fiberglass before, but like you suggested, it was covered with bondo and painted over. I need to know how to make it look uniform and have that glossy look to it too.

IceDouTGaLanT
12-01-2005, 08:47 PM
BIGmoney wanna get in the GB?

BIGMONEYDAY
12-01-2005, 09:57 PM
BIGmoney wanna get in the GB?

I was thinking about it. How soon do you have to know? I don't know how much material I'm going to need yet. I have a little project I'm going to attempt, and would rather order all the cloth at one time. I might go ahead and order 1 kit to practice with and some others later. Just pm me and I'll let you know what's up.

IceDouTGaLanT
12-01-2005, 10:57 PM
GB closed...HAHA i guess this might be the fastest GB that reached withing 2 days haha

ZigenScarface (1) Silver
IcedoutGalant (1) Black CF
IPAINTU (3) ???

Im contacting the guy agian tonight and will PM u 2 the prices shiped by tonight/tommow.I dunno bout u guys yet but im going to pay for it tommow.

seth98esT
12-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Id be in for one or two. More then likely one since Im poor. I want to cover my spark plug wire cover in cf. Would look hot with my black chrome powdercoated valve cover

IceDouTGaLanT
12-01-2005, 11:17 PM
let me know seth by tonight if u can bro,so i can get a price for u to....if you want to get in just PM me ur State and zIPP so i can email the guy haha hes prob getting pissed since im updatein the list every few hours,oh well its bussiness for his company

kit should be 60-65shipped maybe lower ill post it soon as i get a responce

ipaintu
12-02-2005, 07:19 AM
Iced Update.. I had spoke to soon I think. I found a deal I need on same site. I need the largest kit he sales. which is like 120'x for about the same price as 3 kits but its a whole sheet.. So Im working with him on this. I will tho take one kit from you so i dont run out on you total..

Seth says he wants one kit so thats 4 really. So someone help this out and jump on the last kit for Iced.

Sorry guy but Like I said I have something large in plans for my van.
See Im not only doing a Galant Im also doing a 99 conversion. Also I have White leather and suede coming in for mine. Which alone is 90.00 a yrd.

Sorry but Like I said put me for one no matter.

cremeofthecrop
12-02-2005, 07:50 AM
any takers on wrapping the front bumper?

ipaintu
12-02-2005, 07:55 AM
you know how much that would cost you? Shipping hoping and wrapping it would cost to much.. You would be better off renting a car and driving it to the location to be done. That way you would know it wouldnt get broken after it was wrapped. That would be the thing i would worry about.

IceDouTGaLanT
12-02-2005, 08:22 AM
i paintu its cool man,its not like 20-30 bucks only like 10 bucks so its cool..haha

seth98esT
12-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Ill have to get back to you, see how much free cash I have after the dang bills.

PR8GG
12-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Can anyone post the site where these kits are available? I need one also.

IceDouTGaLanT
12-02-2005, 12:41 PM
ebay.com
type carbon fiber cloth
you should see many kits 59;99
seller is named in above post

IceDouTGaLanT
12-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Just got my Kit in,,Must say some good shyt..I got the CF all the harder/Resin and instruactions,anybody got anytips if they worked with CF? the instruction only show how to make molds, but says nothign bout wraping i guess wraping is the same process? they also include me scap of yellow,blue CF so i could see it in person great people to buy from...

G-spot
12-14-2005, 09:31 PM
so if I buy the kit, how much CF will I need for the interior trims (you know what I mean). Is it the entire kit or do I have to order more?