PDA

View Full Version : Cutting stock springs

GAGalant01
12-05-2005, 12:36 AM
I have gotten really good at cutting springs and i just don't know how much to cut off the stock springs to get the ride heigth i am looking for. i have 17's wirh 225/45's and need to drop 2" in the front and 1.75" in the rear and want to know if anyone knows how much to cut off for that setup.

The only reason i am asking is because i am currently unemployed and found some megan springs that are progressive rate and want to see how it would look with that drop before i get them.

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/20059752/Images/springs%202.jpg

bronxbombr
12-05-2005, 12:48 AM
i dont recommend that you cut any springs.

hsinya
12-05-2005, 12:51 AM
cut springs = :thumbsup:

just kidding.

rez887
12-05-2005, 01:16 AM
What kind of spoiler is on your car? :orangeno:

g-ridda
12-05-2005, 02:20 AM
dont cut your stock springs or any springs retard. if u wanna be a ass anyway cut no more than one coil. if you want that kind of drop get progress springs 2.2fr 1.8rear

qnz
12-05-2005, 02:35 AM
well the guy said he wanted to see how his car would look with the megan springs before getting them. thats why he's cutting the springs... to give him a preview on how the megans might look. i dont think hes planning on riding on them [for long]

as for anyone who cut their stock springs, i dont think anyone did that here (or are too embarassed to admit it). but there are plenty of people here who have progress springs which give a similar drop (2.0). i have teins on my ride and it drops the front about 1.7". feel free to check my cardomain.

and since ur new here, some advice would be if youre gonna do something, do it right the first time. you will SAVE a lot more money and be HAPPIER with your car than if you went and got the cheap stuff, only to have to replace it later.

GAGalant01
12-05-2005, 03:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rez887)</div><div class='quotemain'>What kind of spoiler is on your car? :orangeno:</div>

It is a universal touring spoiler for a honda. i like the look but the only one for galant with that look is twice as tall and i didn't want to have to do fg work to get it the right height. plus it was free!!!

pinoyesv6
12-05-2005, 09:15 AM
the only time i'd recommend that you cut your springs is if you are considering one of those 99 cent coilover combo's that they sell on ebay. those are absolutely horrible.

cutting springs is bad in general. not only do you ruin parts of your car, its dangerous.

i say just put you hands on a chair and have a hot chick sit on them so they don't go anywhere. do things right the first time. its cheaper to do that than it is to half ass it, break your car, then end up buying the right parts plus the other parts that you broke.

VegasMatt
12-05-2005, 12:08 PM
^^^^

Agreed, cutting springs is baaaad...mmmmkay.