PDA

View Full Version : foglight

trickytrick
12-07-2005, 02:41 PM
my 95 galant ls has factory foglights but im replacing them wit hella foglights. is it ok if i just use the wiring from the factory foglights to my new foglights or do i have to rewire the whole thing?

mrjaydeeone
12-07-2005, 03:47 PM
yeah man you can just use the factory wiring and you are good to go

NiTrOuSoXiDe
12-07-2005, 10:33 PM
I bought aftermarket fogs, and I wired them to the negitive terminal on the battery for ground, and I put the positive into one of the slots on my fuse box that gets power when I turn my car on, something like 'cigar' or something. So now, when I put the key into the 'on' position, my foglights automatically turn on https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Haven't had a problem yet, and I've actually gone through three different sets of fogs with them wired like this with no electrical problems whatsoever. The only reason I've gone through so many fog flights is because the past two sets I've had, one got destroyed from normal driving (they were cheap POS's), and the second got ruined in a little 'experiment' of mine (don't ask, don't tell).

trickytrick
12-08-2005, 10:10 AM
the factory wires are red and green but the on the new foglights the wires are black and blue. black to red and blue to green??

NiTrOuSoXiDe
12-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Odd color combo, it's usually red and white, red and black, or black and white. Don't quote me on this, but I would assume on your factory ones the red is positive and the green is negative, and on the new ones the black is negative and the blue is positve. Usually, black is universally negative and red is universally positive.

You'd better get a second opinion on that befoe you go and blow up you shiny new lights on my account :oops:

mrjaydeeone
12-08-2005, 10:36 AM
the factory wires are red and green but the on the new foglights the wires are black and blue. black to red and blue to green??

when I did them on my 8g I really don't even remember the combination. I prolly didn't do it the smartest way, but I just tried them out, if it didn't turn on then I switched the wires. Don't do it that way on my account though

Proto
12-08-2005, 10:46 AM
red to blue
black to black

The Godfather
12-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Red's usually + so id go red to Blue and green to black

trickytrick
12-08-2005, 12:07 PM
the blue on the new foglights are suppose to be grounded which confused me cuz i thought the black is suppose to be grounded. thanx 4 info but i need more opinion

pinoyesv6
12-08-2005, 01:17 PM
green is ground
so green to black
and
red and blue

but if the directions say blue is ground, then green is positive.

jhunter
12-08-2005, 01:20 PM
So.... this mean you might sell your stock fogs...? hmm... lemme know I would be interested.

.Spike

trickytrick
12-08-2005, 02:03 PM
i think the passenger side dont work or the connection is loose so ill tell u if they good to go