PDA

View Full Version : Cover for under the trunk lid

FLIPDVS
10-20-2002, 04:53 PM
i saw 2 or 3 people with a custom look under their trunk lids. i was wondering if there was a tutroial on it or something. i looked in the search and did not find it. if any one has any ideas please give them. thanks

pinoyesv6
10-20-2002, 05:16 PM
ok this is what i did...

Materials

Carpet
Cardboard
Self Tapping Screws
Masonite
Spray Adhesive

Procedure.

First of all i took the cardboard and made the design of the cover with that. Then I took the cardboard template and transferred it to the masonite and cut it out. I then took took the carpet and using the spray adhesive and bonded the two. i didn't fold over the edges yet. and i didn't sray the edges either. I then put the cover on the trunk lid and did the predrilling and screwed the screws halfway. i then srayed the screwhead and the surrounding area with spray adhesive and screwed the cover down all the way. i then took a putty knife and tucked the edges in and pessed the newly adhesed carpet down. I then took some extra masonite and did some kinda design to make it more pretty...

FLIPDVS
10-20-2002, 10:43 PM
not to sound like an ass but what is masonite?? do i get that at a hardware store?? thanks for the whole procedure to pinoy. by the way i am also a pinoy.

pinoyesv6
10-20-2002, 10:47 PM
not to sound like an ass but what is masonite?? do i get that at a hardware store?? thanks for the whole procedure to pinoy. by the way i am also a pinoy.

masonite is like a really dense cardboard. almost like wood. i got mine @ the hardware store. uhm you can use plywood too but i found masonite a lil easier to work with and is might lighter

FLIPDVS
10-20-2002, 10:50 PM
thanks alot pinoy. and damn your fast on replys.