PDA

View Full Version : V6 plug wires...?

Tiller
08-12-2002, 12:53 AM
Anyone upgrade the wires in their V6...? any good come of it...?

looking for general feeback, and which wires you used...

pinoyesv6
08-12-2002, 08:12 AM
your car is still way too new. don't break your back installing new plugs and wires just yet. you won't see that much of a gain.

o yea, magnecor=the best so far

Tiller
08-12-2002, 09:50 AM
your car is still way too new. don't break your back installing new plugs and wires just yet. you won't see that much of a gain.

o yea, magnecor=the best so far

:thumbsup: good lookin out... I figured as much, but i wasn't sure of the quality of the Mitsu plug wires...

I ran Magnacore 8.5mm in my Si... but the only reason i upgraded was because of the supercharger...

Fishboy55
08-12-2002, 11:07 AM
Yep, I agree with Allan. Changing the back three plug wires requires removing the intake plenum. Since that's such a laborious job, I waited until my 30,000 service. Then replaced the plugs and wires at the same time. I went with the Magnecor's.

Chip

Gilhuly
08-16-2002, 10:59 AM
I did mine at around 60 and the car was still running great - plugs didn't look bad at all. Went with Magnecores and Bosch +2's. And yes, it is a pain in the ass. What does the dealer get for that?. It was a good introduction to a smattering of components in my engine compartment, though!

VegasMatt
08-17-2002, 11:47 AM
I upgraded my wires and plugs.
It was a pain in the ass on the v6.
I went with Nology wires.

Black2k1GTZ
08-17-2002, 02:09 PM
It isnt neccesary to change the wires until at least the 30k serive like Chip said. And yes it is alot of work...but you will still see some gains ....but not as noticeable as if you waited. Besides the performance gains...it also brightens up the engine bay!!! It'll look sweet with my red silicone hose kit from HoseTechniques!!!

Marc :mg:

leicoolya
08-21-2002, 03:41 PM
yea i waited till i hit 60 also...
i used vitek wires, nice blue color didn't want the same old red wires everyone else had...i used denso iridiums....
i feel the difference

Tiller
08-21-2002, 11:18 PM
i don't care if the wires were lime green with purple polka dots, and if everyone had them...

I just want the best... I guess i'll wait unti l i need a mojor service or i out heades in... whichever comes first...