PDA

View Full Version : jdm sideskirts

PR8GG
12-13-2005, 05:33 PM
has anyone installed these on to the U.S. Galant? they are factory JDM;

ok, so I am finally installing all the jdm stuff, I installed the front bumper, headlights and grill myself, and this morning I took the G to the shop, where they are goin to install the sideskirts, and paint all; but I just receive a call from the guy at the shop, he said the sideskirts won't fit!
I will go tomorrow to see the problem, (and take some pics) but I wanted to see if anyone have some idea or experiense with these. please help! :wink:

Danger DANJ
12-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Which JDM side skirts are they? Are they from the '96-'97 VR-4, part of the Super VR-4 lip kit on the '96-'97 VR-4, the '98+ VR-4 or something else? Either one of those should fit with minor modifications.

PR8GG
12-13-2005, 06:33 PM
well, Triggermauve refer to them as "old style VR-4" sideskirts; I really dont know more than that about them.

pinoyesv6
12-13-2005, 06:36 PM
you have any clue on whats making them not fit? is it too short, is it rubbing somewhere?

PR8GG
12-13-2005, 06:42 PM
actually, Danger, I think they are the same you have, I even got the rear garnish, as you do too.

PR8GG
12-13-2005, 06:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>you have any clue on whats making them not fit? is it too short, is it rubbing somewhere?</div>

no, tomorrow I'll go and check (and take some pics). I relly hope this can be resolve.

PR8GG
12-14-2005, 05:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>you have any clue on whats making them not fit? is it too short, is it rubbing somewhere?</div>

ok, the shop guy told me, that the inside tabs, the ones that holds some plastic clips, aparently are too long, he ask me if these can be cut off, in order to make the sideskirt fit to place. had anyone experience this problem?

Danger DANJ
12-14-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure what plastic clips and tabs you are talking about. Where are these tabs? At the top of the skirts, at the bottom, do they connect to the fender well? I'd say if you can still mount the side skirts after removing those tabs, then why not.

Are these the ones you have?
http://www.dangerdanj.com/aag.jpg

or these?
http://www.dangerdanj.com/aab.jpg

PR8GG
12-14-2005, 06:45 PM
I think, mines are like the ones on the first (top) photo, and the "taps" are in the inside, running from front to rear, they are like 10 of them, and they hold a white round clip.

lonestar22
12-14-2005, 10:21 PM
those front bumpers stick out like ours. i could have that and still retain the safety of a USDM galant.

Stewi
12-17-2005, 06:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PR8GG)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think, mines are like the ones on the first (top) photo, and the "taps" are in the inside, running from front to rear, they are like 10 of them, and they hold a white round clip.</div>

i know what your talking about. since they are the oem jdm ones, they have the tabs for the mounting clips to go thru. im pretty sure your talking about the ones that mount on the rocker panel inside the door. im pretty sure you can cut them off and then just use self tapping screws to install them. you should ask the guy who is installing them. if he can make it fit without them, then cut em' off

BIGMONEYDAY
12-17-2005, 06:45 PM
I was thinking the same thing as Stewi. He should be able to cut those off and still mount them with no problem with self tapping screws or using some rivet along with some type of adhedsive would probably work out better.